Liquid Cooled 18tz?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joelclaycomb

Do I need to just run a brass line around the turbo head or should I purchase a liquid cooled head from someone?

Also, does anyone know if the OS Marine Head Assy. for the older liquid cooled .18 will fit this motor? The part number of the head is 18cvr-m

Thank You

I used to machine and sell a kit to convert the TZ to watercooled--the OS cvrm cooling jacket OR the old aquacraft os 18 cooling jacket will fit - but you have to machine out the center section to fit the TZ inner button/ drill the 4 bolt holes out to fit the TZ bolts and turn the TZ bolt heads down to fit inside the recessed bolt holes in the jacket---THEN either machine a new outter button OR you can machine the TZ air-cooled head down to make it work (dont sneeze while your turning the TZ air cooled head down they arnt cheap -- thats the only way I know to correctly convert one (unless you machine a water jacket to lol) ---I sold several of those kits so its possible you could find one--

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the information. After machining down the fins into an outer button, do you know if the Supertigre .18 jacket will fit once the hole in the middle is enlarged?

It looks like it will work, but I am unsure.

Thank you for all the help.

Thanks for all the information. After machining down the fins into an outer button, do you know if the Supertigre .18 jacket will fit once the hole in the middle is enlarged?

It looks like it will work, but I am unsure.

Thank you for all the help.
I have never messed around with that engine, you would need to have the parts or borrow the parts and measure everything- if your putting the tz out in the open air you can trim the fins down and run it air cooled if its going under a cowl id water cool it -either way you go keep an eye on your engine temps

Back