D-3 one day races?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gibson

Supporting Member
I haven't run a nitro ANYTHING in I think about 3 years, but I think im getting the itch....again! The thing is, due to limited time(almost none) and budget, the only thing I can hope to do is 1 day races, so I was wondering if there is any talk whatsoever of 1 day races coming back? If not, I understand that it is what it is, but MAN, I had such a GREAT TIME running at the old W.C.R.A. races back in the day!

I haven't run a nitro ANYTHING in I think about 3 years, but I think im getting the itch....again! The thing is, due to limited time(almost none) and budget, the only thing I can hope to do is 1 day races, so I was wondering if there is any talk whatsoever of 1 day races coming back? If not, I understand that it is what it is, but MAN, I had such a GREAT TIME running at the old W.C.R.A. races back in the day!
Bill we are working on trying to get a few one day event's going here at Brandon model boaters
One of the biggest problems we have here in Florida is the heat. A lot of people don't want to play in it. We have a very limited window of nice weather. This is why we are trying to get some more one day events going. I think its manageable to deal with the heat for the day instead of 2 or 3.

What classes are you wanting to run?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill we are working on trying to get a few one day event's going here at Brandon model boatersOne of the biggest problems we have here in Florida is the heat. A lot of people don't want to play in it. We have a very limited window of nice weather. This is why we are trying to get some more one day events going. I think its manageable to deal with the heat for the day instead of 2 or 3.

Hey Justin! Yeah , I feel EXACTLY the same way about the heat as well! As far as classes to run in, it could be:

20 Outboard Stock

20 Mono

Sport 20 Hydro

20 Hydro

Sport 40 Hydro

RTR

Possibly Mod VP

Appreciate your reply......if any 1 day races happen, please lmk! I will friend ya on FB......i need to renew My NAMBA, and go thru my stuff! Many Thanks man!

One day races take the same effort to prepare for and enter . I like one day races but as far as prep etc the only difference is gas to and from the race and fuel for the boats . From the club standpoint it's the same work as far as site prep and breakdown except for the smaller turnout . I would like to see some as well if possible .

One day races take the same effort to prepare for and enter . I like one day races but as far as prep etc the only difference is gas to and from the race and fuel for the boats . From the club standpoint it's the same work as far as site prep and breakdown except for the smaller turnout . I would like to see some as well if possible .
Yeah when you run 6 classes hahaha. No on a series note yes it is a lot of work but I think we are at a point with enough people willing to help with setup and all that it is possible to start getting a few one day events in. The way I'm looking at it is for people like you with 6 boats the nice part would be with a few more races you might be more willing to limit the amount of boats you run per race. Example the first race maybe run only 2 or 3 then the next race run a different 2 or 3. With more races gives us more opportunities to run boats. I would love to build a twin but supporting a family of 4 I can't justify a $3500 boat that I get to run twice a year. I myself feel pressured into running all my boats at each race because we really only have 2 races a year. So I take the opportunity I am given to race them. So if we have more opportunities maybe we can enjoy it more and make less work for ourselves by not feeling the need to run as many boats every race. We are definitely working on it. Maybe even later this year but definitely next year!

Bill we are working on trying to get a few one day event's going here at Brandon model boatersOne of the biggest problems we have here in Florida is the heat. A lot of people don't want to play in it. We have a very limited window of nice weather. This is why we are trying to get some more one day events going. I think its manageable to deal with the heat for the day instead of 2 or 3.

Hey Justin! Yeah , I feel EXACTLY the same way about the heat as well! As far as classes to run in, it could be:

20 Outboard Stock

20 Mono

Sport 20 Hydro

20 Hydro

Sport 40 Hydro

RTR

Possibly Mod VP

Appreciate your reply......if any 1 day races happen, please lmk! I will friend ya on FB......i need to renew My NAMBA, and go thru my stuff! Many Thanks man!
Sounds great Bill. I will definitely let you know when we get something set up.

My goal would be to race 2 boats and enjoy the day for what it is.....they would most likely be .20 sized boats as well.....little to no intensity.... just have fun racing toy boats for a day and hopefully have a few laughs. No motel rooms, home and in bed by 10....I had my brief little period of being somewhat "competitive" years ago and it was awesome fun, but I think it's also why I got away from it as well...it's a great hobby and I'd be happy to just be there running boats with good folks....for a day!!

I think a good 1 day would be run what you brung grudge matches 2 boats 3 laps drop to 30 when the second boat passes bouey 1.

This might get me back into racing. I couldnt see investing time and money for two races a year anymore. Always preferred one day races over two, so bring it!

I'd be willing to bet some form of one day series would renew a good bit of interest from guys that have boats collecting dust, weather that be an all tunnel- or abbreviated class list type deal. The trick to a good one day series or one off type races is to have fun and dont create too much work, that also includes the members of the host club. If the same few guys do all the work all the time, it would never work. As far as the heat goes- there is no perfect answer for dates, your either gonna step on other dates or suck it up and run in the heat, we have already been there and it can work just fine imho- again, dont overburden the day,KISS- just my worthless .02

Tom Foley pritty much sumed it up in post #6 BTW who will come out on the friday before the race and set the whole thing up so we can race on Sat. Gene Monger age 78 and John Otto age 71 I dont think so.

And tear it down! Definitely not enough active club members to pull off one days. And when I say "active" I mean people who help.
default_ohmy.png

Back