Paint Guns

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best advice is get what's comfortable in your hand cheap or expensive , fluid 1.0 - 1.4 .

Yes I agree use what you like and what works weel for you I have a couple of touch up guns I use one for colors and the other for primers.

How about a 15 year old mini Sata? My auto body buddy has one he says he will let me use and keep till he needs it. The only problem could be the tip is a 1.0 is that to small??

Don, how about a satajet 3000 digital gun? They any good? I have one in the garage cabinet that a buddy gave me. Needs to be sent in and rebuilt (have a contact for that?) but is the gun worth it?

satas are great rod.. but alot of times to rebuild it a HUGE PRICE.. only way to know is to send it in.

How about a 15 year old mini Sata? My auto body buddy has one he says he will let me use and keep till he needs it. The only problem could be the tip is a 1.0 is that to small??
A 1.0 tip is what I use and prefer. Chris is right about the cost of rebuilding one as replacement parts are pricey but as my guy at my paint supply house said, properly cared for you'd probably never wear out a SATA detail gun. I think your buddy's 15 year old SATA mini might be a good example of that. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I see this question brought up now and again and I threw the dough at a new Sata Minjet that Don suggested here and did for me a year back. Having used an old airbrush for so many years and taking the time to get used to the volume of material that you can apply through this new gun I too have to agree, this new spray gun is an amazing tool that will change your painting experience. It improved upon the quality of my painting efforts. I still use the airbrush for very small spray jobs but love using the Minijet, its awsome. There are many other brands out there that do just as well but for my first real spraygun, I have been very pleased.

My dad has that same compresor Keven,Its a nice pice.
I got mine hardly used for 325$$ from ultimate electronics when they went under awhile back!! Now just to change the motor or get a phase converter... I have no idea on that part so I will need some outside help wen the time comes!!!

Don I got it free. But if the rebuild will cost more then the gun is worth...I'll just toss it and buy a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
The smallest tip size I would use is a .8 to paint a boat other than using an airbrush

If and when you get the gun rebuilt keep it clean.

spray one clean 3 times

first clean remove pigment from the gun

second clean use new cleaning solution to make sure all pigment is gone ( can save this solution to use as first clean solution next spray ( filter first )

third clean also use new clean solution to double check all areas of the gun.( also add this solution to firsts supply )

Dispose properly when painting is finished.

Most main guns use from a 1.2 to a 1.4 for auto body

A 2 and up would be used to spray gel

Airbrushes go from .5 down.

Back