Motor Mounts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael winter

Does anyone have a source for FE mounts? I received a message today from Jim Williams-WRP-Southriver RC-that he has shut down and is not making mounts.

Michael

parts 110.jpg

parts 136.jpg

That is a real shame to hear. I have several of his mounts and was always the first place I went for motor mounts in a new boat build.

Bummed,

MIke Ball

dave at hrc is the guy I will get my mounts from....he can make anything u need but he is currently upgradeing his cnc machine and should be back in business Thursday or Friday.....

In the process of building my 2010 U-96, I had to figure out a speed control mount. I already had a WRP rail mount for a 1527, so rounded up some aluminum and screws, put the mill to use. This is what I came up with. I do believe this will work.

Michael

005.JPG

006.JPG

001.JPG

1/4" cable from Accutech. What you see in the photo is the coupler and alignment jig to locate the hole. 8mm to 1/4" Big Dog coupler from Wohlt.

that looks great ..I assume its a 1/4 step down to 3/16 for the prop? or 1/4 all the way? I am not familiar with the wrp company and I need a 5 in rail mount myself....guess ill google it and see what pops up/...

WRP is Jim Williams-Southriver-Williams Racing Products. It is 1/4 step down to 3/16 shaft. I will have to acquire some additional tooling, but will attempt to make my own mount when I start on the '02 Miss Budweiser.

ya jim quit the business...in a few weeks I beleave dave at hrc will be making them....

Placed an order for a 2028 castle water jacket from hrc today. Hopefully, he will be able to make it. I am willing to wait for it if it takes some time.

jim dave at hrc made my 2028 water jacket a few years ago...he does great work and will get it out to ya fast ..I talked to him the other day and his cnc machine is in the testing faze after he put new motors in it.....

didn't know about Dave so that's really cool. Fine Designs has electric mounts for 5 inch rails.

Mark

checked out the fine design site ... only 5 inch rail mount I saw was a replacement for boats that had nitro or gas motors previously..and I wont pay 89 dollars for it.... too many other mounts out there for a lot less...ill just wait for hrc to make some.....

Back