Nova rossi keep .21 to turn clockwise.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henkie

Guys i already contacted Ron Shaw and asked hem the same qeustion but also want to hear your thoughts. I want to build a twin .21 mystic cat . For this i need one engine to turn clockwise. My thought was to replace the crankshaft of a inboard keep .21 for a outboard crankshaft and grind of the pin for the pto. My qeustion is: is this doable and wil the engine run good ?

Whats the distance between prop shafts?

I will remember at some point but I think that is what determines that.

On riggers I believe anything less than 3" or 4" is a prop wash problem for CR.

Hopefully someone can set ME straight on this
default_tongue.png

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that when the props are close to each other propwalk isn't a issue but this is in a cat and i think i have to go the counter rotating road.

Hi Henkie! The only problem with your plan is that the .21 Nova OB crank is 14.5mm while the 7 port motor uses the 14mm crank.. To get two matching motors you would need to buy two of the KEEP 21's and then replace the crank in one of them with the OB crank (with the pin ground off).

GQ

Glenn this was also my plan. Buy 2 of the keep .21 inboards and then replace one of the crankshafts for the outboard crankshaft. My qeustion was more like wil it work. With wil it work i mean 1 Won´t the collet come loss ?

2 Is the timing correct when i do this ?

3 Maybe other issues ?

Glenn this was also my plan. Buy 2 of the keep .21 inboards and then replace one of the crankshafts for the outboard crankshaft. My qeustion was more like wil it work. With wil it work i mean 1 Won´t the collet come loss ?

2 Is the timing correct when i do this ?

3 Maybe other issues ?
Henkie, yes I would think it should work great, but I have never tried it personally . I'm not sure about the collet coming loose, but I would think it would be ok. Yes the timing should be very close between the IB and OB crank...if they are a little different you be be able to get them matched up with a little work. If you think you are going to need more torque in this setup, I would ask Ron if he can get your motors with the KEEP DD sleeves.

GQ

Glenn i don`t think i need the torque . My thought on this is that i have 2 motors that wil help each other. Maybe you got another thought.

Paul it´s al in the pipeline haha. Just becoming some information.When i start i will post pics here and on xtreme .First i need to build the x cat twin os max outboard. That one has to be ready for Eersel.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get the drivecable's in right and left turning that ain't a problem.

Back