• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

B mod tunnel prop

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Pralle

Looking for prop input on what to start testing with and opinions on prop size when running stock os vs mod os

Give it a go and let us know
default_smile.png

Dan,

How much cup and what diameter is your X-440/3?

Unless the diameter is reduced and the trailing edge cup is reduced, the O.S. Motor

will not spin it up Real Well. The key to better performance on our motors is not to load

them up with too much cup and diameter.

Enjoy Testing,

Mark Sholund

Mark the 440_3 is just s&b. I have a m440 that you worked on and ran great on the stock os just didn't know how well it be on the mod

Dan,

It will work very well on the mod motor.

If you want to try a three blade try an ABC 40 x 52/3 with reduced cup.

Thanks,

Mark

Ok great I picked up a prop box with the 40/52 3 blade that has been back cut. As soon as it warms up I have something to try now

This is what I got I'm guessing the 642 is to big and the e20t ???

642-x437/3-4052/3-x440-x447-e20t. The 440 is raw, all the others have been worked on, sharpened , reduced, backcut

Don't know what a e20t is,642 will need some mods and the 447 is probably to big,But the rest should work.We always say try them and see and sometimes go back and try again.LOL.Good luck and let us know how you make out also Vids are great also..

Rene

Most likely the e20t prop is a Ernie LeFleur 20 Tunnel prop. They are rather rare since Ernie has not done props in quite a while and he specialized in tunnels. Not one to give or throw away. May be the best of your entire group.

The E-20T is a JG prop. It was the E-20 prop with part of the leading edge removed. Both the E-20 and E-20T were popular props for the K&B 3.5 in the 70's and 80's.

These props pushed my 3.5 tunnels to about 35 mph to high 30's.

Latest posts

Back