Hobby King

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Pickard

What terrible service took two days to get them then when i do they hang up any place else i can get turnigy nano tech lipos sat on phone each time close to 20 minutes

Last edited by a moderator:
Robert,
First off "NANO TECHS" are the worst batteries I have ever bought. I have had trouble with more than one, Plain Turnigy and Zippys have been much better for me. If you only order items from HK's USA warehouse you'll get you things in a timely manner.

Try Hobbypartz Gens Ace for inexpensive cells.

Mic

Mic the Lipo i am trying to order is for my Boris Mazor starter i have tried and tried to order from Hobby King even tried calling after midnight still couldnt get through

Mic the Lipo i am trying to order is for my Boris Mazor starter i have tried and tried to order from Hobby King even tried calling after midnight still couldnt get through
Robert, I'm sure another company makes the cell count MHAH rating you need. Mic (who has more experience with electrics than you) just told you what your looking for are the WORST batteries he has ever had. Would you be interested in Hyperion cells?

Rick i want to make sure the connectors match on the battery to the starter really dont care which i get long as i get one, i was just going by what Boris told me to get for the starter, these are not for a boat

You just need to look at dimensions that will fit. Lipo's from different sources will use different connectors. Those can be bought and soldered on. Something with a Deans plug or similar is good for 50 amps and will probably work for a starter. Above that you need male and female bullets. 5.0 5.5 6.0 6.5 up to 8mm. For a spec boat 5.5mm is good choice and used in your starter will allow some interchanging. it's just a positive and negative terminal. 20C batteries will run your starter and a boat needs 30C and above

Mic

I ordered a oackage of vacuum formed NACA ducts from Hobby King kast week on line. After I placed the order it then told me it would be 45 days before I receive them. WHAT ???? That seems a little extreme for such small pieces. Guess I will wait and see what happens. I should have asked here if Hobby King is reputable. From just the little I have seen here on thie site, looks like I may not have a happy ending.

I ordered a oackage of vacuum formed NACA ducts from Hobby King kast week on line. After I placed the order it then told me it would be 45 days before I receive them. WHAT ???? That seems a little extreme for such small pieces. Guess I will wait and see what happens. I should have asked here if Hobby King is reputable. From just the little I have seen here on thie site, looks like I may not have a happy ending.
I made 283 orders from Hobby King for last 5 years. The service not always perfect. Some of chargers are not working, but everyrtnig else have no any problem. Sometime shipping (oversees) is to long. try to order from US warehouse - one week is on most items! I'll continue to work with Hobby King. Boris

I made 283 orders from Hobby King for last 5 years. The service not always perfect. Some of chargers are not working, but everyrtnig else have no any problem. Sometime shipping (oversees) is to long. try to order from US warehouse - one week is on most items! I'll continue to work with Hobby King. Boris
Boris,, do you have the battery side connectors you use for the starters available to purchase separatly. Robert needs a new battery, I can help him out with that, but need the correct connectors.

Back