ops 21 outboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look to be good engines from what I've heard, made in Italy I believe. Given the price and specs, it seems like a winner. My guess is people are more comfortable with names like Novarossi, CMB, and MAC which is why you don't see them everywhere. As a novice I decided to go with Novarossi for my first mod outboard, but that's because I knew nothing and people pointed me in that direction. If you're thinking about a new outboard, I'd give it a try. Also, go with a Lawless lower unit, it's miles above the O.S. lower. Also use a K&B flex shaft in the Lawless if you're going for speed. People may not agree with this because they break a little more easily, but they are so much more flexible and have so much less resistance. John Otto taught me that, and after putting one of K&B's/MECOA's special O.S. prop shafts in my O.S. outboard, it started to run ok finally.

I have ran them for a few years they are very good motors,carbs are not that great but I use F Orlic carbs.I really like them with either Spp or Gadjet pipe.

has anyone used the newer ops 21 outboard ....?.....opinions ....? .....thanks.....bob
I saw one on Joe Monohan's Lynx tunnel and this combo was amazing fast.

Well he also told me that the motor needs some work.

Maybe you should contact him.

Alex

Bob

Here are the modified specs on the one i had..

Head be set at .008thou

re machined bowl size to .19cc

exhaust timing 185

trans 127

boost 128

intake open 150

close 69

.Like Rene said the stock carby is not much good..Nova neck carbies will fit..

Can see pics in my gallery.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back