Record Trial, Flint MI, Sept 30, Oct 1st. Backup date Oct 7 & 8th.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Keeley

Supporting Member
Only 3 weeks!
default_smile.png

All IMPBA classes for SAW and 1/3rd Oval, 8am-dark. Come and go any time, flat $25 to register, run as often as time permits.

We will cancel and go to the backup date by 6pm Sept 28th if the weather looks questionable. Check here for updates.

Map of Thread Lake, we're at the north end of Orville St., north of McKinley Park:
https://www.google.c...iVg&usp=sharing

Knights Inn where we stay, around $45/nt:
https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/knights-inn/flint-michigan/knights-inn-flint/overview?brand_id=KG&hotel_id=50595&checkin_date=4/9/2017&checkout_date=4/10/2017&useWRPoints=false&rooms=1&adults=1&children=0&radius=25&brand_code=BH,DI,RA,BU,HJ,KG,MT,SE,TL,WG,WY,WT,WP,DX&PriceFilter=0-2147483647

Here's some pix from past events:
http://gallery.intlw...x.php?cat=10068

Come run the big water!
default_smile.png

Gary Preusse's 12 hawk:

image003~0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to hear you're back on your feet Terry! Looking forward to seeing all the guys in the FAST club!

Terry, Mike, and Mark,

Thanks for such nice weather and good times with a bunch of great boaters.

That Sport 40 record is dropping lower and the 12-oval is possibly getting

challenged? All of the IMPBA records are really STOUT. It takes an incredible

amount of time and dedication to lower them. I would also like to thank Mike Betke

for lunch today, and another great effort on the Sport 40 record. The Game Changers

did there job this weekend, thanks Jim Schaefer.

Mark Sholund

Great job running this fun event Terry, Mark, and Mike! This was my first time going there and I had a blast. I also learned alot, met some more great racers, and witnessed several record runs! I will be back next spring for sure! Nice to see Terry doing so well after his health troubles. He was jumping in and out of the retrieve boat like a 20 year old does. Thanks guys!

Thanks guys, we had great conditions for a change!

National Nitro Director Mike Betke upped his own 17 year old SP40 oval record to 20.988 sec using the same boat!

MMU Commodore Terry Davis set the Q Mono Oval at 24.995 sec, impressive!

Kevin Kosciolek broke Mike Ball's P Sport Hydro Oval at 22.951 sec. but Mike took it back in the end at 22.670. Several others were gunning for Mike's time and came close.

And Keith Kirchen ran his big S Cat to a couple of the prettiest passes we've seen in years, both within one thousandth of a sec. of each other to net a new S Catamaran record of 1.754 sec. or 128.278 mph. Those were also the fastest passes ever made at Thread Lake, Congrats Keith!

All the above are still "unofficial" of course pending approval by our IMPBA Records Director Doug Smock.

Gotta clean up the boat, do a little maintenance and get back to T.O. but I'll put up some pix and vid later tonight or tomorrow.
default_tongue.png

Terry, Mike, and Mark,

Thanks for such nice weather and good times with a bunch of great boaters.

That Sport 40 record is dropping lower and the 12-oval is possibly getting

challenged? All of the IMPBA records are really STOUT. It takes an incredible

amount of time and dedication to lower them. I would also like to thank Mike Betke

for lunch today, and another great effort on the Sport 40 record. The Game Changers

did there job this weekend, thanks Jim Schaefer.

Mark Sholund
Thank you Mark for the great prop. It made all the difference to set the record.

Great job guy's...looking forward to Speed Week in Feb 3-12 at Blue Lake,Valdosta. It will be our first record trials. Looking to have a go at some times. Water is fast there from what I have seen. Looking for a 100+ patch,would be nice.

Thanks again to FAST members Mike Nowicki, Mark Stein and Mikey Ross, there is a ton of work that goes on both race weekend and behind the scenes. Without these guys our events just would not happen.

Got some pix up at: https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1195

Mike Betke and his 20.988 sec. SP 40 hull:

DSCN5665.JPG

Terry Davis and his 24.995 sec. Q Mono:

DSCN5647.JPG

Kevin Kosciolek held the P SP Hydro record for a while at 22.951 sec:

DSCN5644.JPG

Mike Ball and his 22.670 sec. P SP Hydro:

DSCN5657.JPG

Keith Kirchen and his 128.278 mph S Catamaran:

DSCN5678.JPG

FAST member Mike Nowicki ran a 20.714 sec. A (.12ci / 2.1cc) Hydro oval:

DSCN5617.JPG

Dave Murany ran a "loose" 20.556 sec. B (.21ci / 3.5cc) Hydro Oval:

DSCN5611.JPG

Jeffery Preusse blew the deck on his Dad's 20 mono, we pulled it off the bottom:

DSCN5674.JPG

Should get some videos up shortly...

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to all the record breakers! Wish I could have been there to see my son up his old record, loose it, and retake it in one day! Makes for an exciting day!

Steve Ball

Steve, like you I wish I could have been there. I congratulate all of the record breakers from this record trial event. I am especially happy and excited to see my son Mike resurrect his original record setting Sport 40 and up his record that was in place for 17 years. Mike congratulations!!!! Dad

Back