New World SAW Record 148mph

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaceMechaniX

Supporting Member
I just heard form Joerg that Arne Hold broke the Q and overall world record with his 6 cell rigger running 238 and 239kmh which equates to 148mph and change. A big congrats to Arne and his team for smashing the record. This is from the first day at a SAW event in Munich. I expect even higher speeds to come over the weekend.

TG

Congrats Arne!

Nice shake down run. The rest of the weekend should be interesting. Can't wait to hear what they do with the 1,2,4 cell boats.

I guess we have our work cut out for us in Nov.

Congrats to Arne and the JAGs team doing a great job .

the Regattabahn has best watercondition . Best show by Andres Lehner ,his offshoretunnel show a 200 km/h wheely with no flip , all controled by Andreas with his triggerfinger . Very cool !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Arne!! Hope you and the rest of the Jag team will make it back to Legg Lake soon. Again CONGRATULATIONS!
default_happy.png

Any more updates?

Don
default_smile.png

Impressive, you knew Jorge was quiet for too long
default_wink.png

That raises the bar pretty high for the stateside SAW guys , November ought to be interesting.

Congrats Jorge and Arnie .

These are some fantastic speeds! Congratulations!

What's with the man in the rowboat in the water with one of these rockets coming at him?????

Steve Ball

Steve,

They are running at an Olympic rowing facility in Munich. They only rented one end of the course, but the remaining 1500m were open for practice on the other side.

TG

Hi,

Brian ,no this was for the 1972 Olympic held in Munich .

Currently we have the Oktoberfest . At the SAW weekend we join the Italien weekend ,it's allways the second weekent of the two weeks of Oktoberfest .

What's with the man in the rowboat in the water with one of these rockets coming at him?????

Steve Ball
He was the guy holding the radar gun.
default_smile.png
Hey Steve hope all is good with you...see you soon.

Hi Stan..

Good to hear from you!

My Son's very good with FE boats, and it amazes me how fast they are!

If the weather holds out, I'll see you in a week, and we can have a cold one, and BS. Is your dad coming?

Have a good one!

Steve

Steve Ball
He was the guy holding the radar gun.
default_smile.png
Hey Steve hope all is good with you...see you soon.

Check out this footage. Very cool:

WOW...I would like to have THAT lake in my back yard!!!

That is the kind of lake that we need here, centrally located with a good stand of wind screen trees surrounding it. I would certainly make a donation toward building it.

Charles

Latest posts

Back