Nova Rossi set up info

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Cheshire

Some advice please on squish clearance for a Nova Rossi Rex 3.5 running 25% nitro and pipe length for circuit racing. Having throttling problems with this engine something chronic!

Thanks

Bob

Start At > Fule 60% ~ Start pipe at 8.20 in ~ 8th head clearance

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. Still working on this motor which appears to have been eating itself! More details to follow but too busy at the moment sign writing 15 large John Deere tractors.

Busy Bob

Bob,

25% nitro requires less compression and head clearance. I would adjust your head clearance to at least .015 for 25%. Let us know what's going on once you access the engine and we can help. Thanks.

Sorry for the delay in replying to this but one or two things have rather pushed racing into the background. When i stripped the motor it had shattered the wrist pin and the piston and squish band showed evidence of severe detonation. Having a look at the rest of the boat revealed that the bendy tube stinger extension (needed to get the outlet out of the transom) had split and collapsed! Motor then rebuilt with new button and .015 clearance. Started ok and is now throttling well but is now no longer in the boat! I had been running it in a Challenger 43 on a gearbox in our (BMPRS) AA class but have now put in an OPS 45, also on a gearbox, for A class racing. The Nova Rossi is going in a Pursuit for AA. I've got the hull and hardware but am in the process of building a new workshop so progress is painfully slow and frustration painfully high!

Cheers

Bob

Back