U-25 Pride of Pay'n Pak 1969

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outrigger? 2 of us building right now. This should be a good boat great minds went into it. I have a cowl mold

Is it based on newton plans? How much are the kits? Any pics of the progress Mike?

Its based on a proven West Coast boat>Jensen influence. Rotator cuff surgery has it stalled,center section built

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have multiple scales done by next year. I can always run something different at district races.

I made my Pak into a plug. When I originally built this I never planned on making a mold. All the angles and the booms have made this a lot harder than I thought.

Adding to what Len said, it would be nice to grow interest in Scale again.. I was just cleaning out an old briefcase and found a 2003 RC Muncey Cup program. Had over 50 entries! Miss those days.

Doesn't look like it's going to make the Nationals
Glenn, you didn't tell me you was building one from a mold. I was thinking about building a wood one for next year.
glass, wood...doesn't matter...we just need boats on the water

let us know what you need roger
default_tongue.png

Adding to what Len said, it would be nice to grow interest in Scale again.. I was just cleaning out an old briefcase and found a 2003 RC Muncey Cup program. Had over 50 entries! Miss those days.
I built the U-25 Pride of Pay'N Pak in 1990 from the Roger Newton plans. I built a plug of the boat and had John to build me one out of fiberglass. I can’t think of John’s last name. He had problems building the boat. When he finished the boat and I raced it but I never could get it to run as good as my wood boat. I ended up selling bought boats and now I am thinking about building another one. Here is a pictiure of me with the scale boat in 1992.

DSC00096.JPG

Don Ferrette gave me major input on this kit as well, based on his excellent running glass Pak. I spent a lot of hours making this kit! And no, it is nothing like the Newton plans actually.

I built the U-25 Pride of Pay'N Pak in 1990 from the Roger Newton plans. I built a plug of the boat and had John to build me one out of fiberglass. I can’t think of John’s last name. He had problems building the boat. When he finished the boat and I raced it but I never could get it to run as good as my wood boat. I ended up selling bought boats and now I am thinking about building another one. Here is a pictiure of me with the scale boat in 1992.
John Gray?

I remember him running his riggers, and building stuff with Roy back then

Don Ferrette gave me major input on this kit as well, based on his excellent running glass Pak. I spent a lot of hours making this kit! And no, it is nothing like the Newton plans actually.
Mike, Is it possible to ship this kit to Canada?

Rob I have bought a few kits from Mike and he does ship to here. Are you going to get one as I would split shipping cost with you. I may need another winter project.

Brad

Back