Pipe length for .12 motor

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Leyde

Club Racer
My son and I have finaly finished his .12FF. We have a 2.5cc Macs pipe and a Dynamite .12spd motor. What would be a good pipe length to start with for this combo? Also from where to where do we measure the length?

Thank you,

Mark and Mitch

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys,

Technically you are supposed to measure "as the gases flow" this wouldn't matter if we all used the same headers LOL. I wan to say mine is at 7.5 incehs it could probably stand to be shortend a little but its consistent and finally quit eating plugs.

My son and I have finaly finished his .12FF. We have a 2.5cc Macs pipe and a Dynamite .12spd motor. What would be a good pipe length to start with for this combo? Also from where to where do we measure the length?
Thank you,

Mark and Mitch
I always measure from the plug or center of engine following the header back to the widest part of the pipe. My guess would be to start at approx 7- 3/4" to 8" max and you can cut down from there. An easy way to measure is to use a length of solder to follow the manifold then straighten it out to measure. Hmmm, I just checked mine and it looks more like 8-1/4". It's the same pipe you're using but on an OS 12TR rear exhaust and seems to work well with a 1640.

Don ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not trying to hy-jack the thread but, Don you say you've had good luck with the 1640. What hull are you running?? I am running the 1440 b/c and would like to continue trying some other props.

Hi Zach,

If ya click on Don's Webpage he is running a Riptide, he does have alot of pics of his boat there also (look at the bottom of his post for the link).

Paul

Not trying to hy-jack the thread but, Don you say you've had good luck with the 1640. What hull are you running?? I am running the 1440 b/c and would like to continue trying some other props.
Hello Zach,

The only reason I can run the 1640 with a ton of cup is the center skid plate over the stuffing tube. But keep in mind it's not adjustable so you have to get it just right or change your sponson set up on the front.

Don ;)

I just finished a couple of different .21 pipes for use with 180 headers.

Would you guys be interested in a .12 version?

Pics can be seen at cmdracing.com

I'd be down for one. Could you make it adjustable with removeable sections like you used to see on car pipes??

Latest posts

Back