• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

68 Bardahl Checkerboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Betke

Supporting Member
Another scale for sale.

This is a Phil Thomas Scale that I received in a trade. I have never run the boat.

The good: Level of detail is some of the best I have ever seen. The cockpit and dummy engine are awesome. I have never seen a dummy engine to this detail. All of the hardware is anodized black and has been barely used. Paint job above the waterline is very good. Sponson bottoms were not correct when I got the boat and the angles were off. My dad took the boat and made everything straight again with the proper 3 degree angle of attack and dihedral. Anyone that has seen his work knows it is top notch. It also has tape on hatch covers on the bottom to access the fuel tank and to be able to get to the water lines easier.

The not so good: Bottom of the boat when I got it had issues with paint peeling and due to the issues with the sponsons will need to be repainted. There is a small blemish in the deck that needs to be touched up. (See Pic)

The stand for the boat is a concourse winner alone, but I would not want to ship it because it is very heavy.

$500 plus shipping. Can be delivered to Mt. Vernon next week. Still too many boats and I lost interest in this one, that is why I'm selling.

Bardhal 1.JPGBardahl 2.JPGBardahl top.JPGCockpit.JPGBlemish.JPGMotor.JPGBarhdal Bottom.JPGMotor Hardware.JPG

With Mike selling off all these boats it looks to me like he is trying to collect enough $$$$$$$'s to pay the lease on his Dad's Atas Van Lines Scale that he's been running since Hobart!!!!

John

We took 10 boats to Hobart and when the trailer was loaded there were still plenty of boats on the shelves in the work shop. Something has to go.

No lease on the Atlas. It was taken away once we got it running like it is. I am having a lot of fun with that boat! Thanks Dad!

John,

It was so Rob could afford the bill to fix his scale boat for the last race.

Those magic hands of Grandpa's don't come cheap I heard?

Have fun in Mt. Vernon Rob,

Mark Sholund

We took 10 boats to Hobart and when the trailer was loaded there were still plenty of boats on the shelves in the work shop. Something has to go.

No lease on the Atlas. It was taken away once we got it running like it is. I am having a lot of fun with that boat! Thanks Dad!
One can never have to many boats.... See ya soon glad you guys are coming should drag Beardslee down with ya!!

I almost pulled the trigger several times. Wish I could've bought this one. Nice boat.

wow I have the 67 Bardahl....Mike you mentioned to me you were selling this when we were in Hobart but i did'nt know it was this kind of a Deal.

whoever got this boat is pretty lucky.

Wish we had the scale class here in Florida it dropped off big time else i would get one of Mikes boats always a great build

Back