• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Prop Pitch Gauge

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Gallagher

Prop Pitch gauge made by Steve Woods. Extremely accurate, easy to use and the craftsmanship and attention to detail Steve puts into this product is second to none.... $200 shipped within the lower 48 states.

IMG_2793.JPG

James,

Great gauge for propellers, I have three of them and use them daily.

They are easy to use and have very accurate numbers for most applications.

If you need any help with it don't be afraid to call me sometime? I can help

you with that gauge pretty easy.

Enjoy Using It,

Mark Sholund

231-590-3023

Hello Will, just send me my commission to my Email address.....
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

I guess I should have asked more for it! I didn't know it came with world class tech support...... Thank you, Mark!!!

James,

PM me your address and I will get it headed your way.

Sir Charles, Checks in the mail....
default_rolleyes.gif

Hello Will, just send me my commission to my Email address.....
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
Been using my ORIGINAL Woods/Brown pitch gauge for over 15 years. The term "royalties" comes to mind. LOL

Of course we can't forget the great Ed Hughey who originated this concept for measuring r/c boat props 40+ years ago!
default_smile.png

All an effort in PROGRESS!

James,

Great gauge for propellers, I have three of them and use them daily.

They are easy to use and have very accurate numbers for most applications.

If you need any help with it don't be afraid to call me sometime? I can help

you with that gauge pretty easy.

Enjoy Using It,

Mark Sholund

231-590-3023
Gentlemen, one other option, I am saying this because I know that Mark is a very busy person, is if you can find someone that bought one of Bill McGraw's pitch gauges (Speedmaster brand, it is similar to Mr. Woods pitch gauge). It came with an instruction sheet that I wrote that goes into a lot of detail on how set up and use a pitch gauge.

Also included in the instructions is information on how to perform a procedure called BLADE MAPPING. It is a procedure that I used for quiet some time. It is not that difficult to do and it really helps you to understand more about how a propeller works.

Now days, if you are a little computer literate, you should be able to use this procedure and convert it to an excel program and graphs to make it even easier to visualize the props different areas and how they work in conjunction with each other. With graphs you could superimpose them over each other.

Before you ask, I lost my original copy of these instructions in a computer crash. If someone would be kind enough to make some copies for our boater friends, I would like to have one to.

Charles

I have a woods gauge and would be interested in the paper that Charles is referring to. If some one could find it and maybe post it here so all could benefit from it that would be great.

I have a woods gauge and would be interested in the paper that Charles is referring to. If some one could find it and maybe post it here so all could benefit from it that would be great.
I do not know how many pitch gauges that Mr. Bill sold but there must be SOMEONE out there in boat land that bought one and has the instruction sheets that I mentioned. If so please come forward. I will happily pay someone for a copy.

Charles

Charles, do you think we might have to make a request in the general boating section and not for sale?

Charles and Rick....hold up guys... I have one or the other gauge. Either Woods or Speedmaster. I'm not sure right now. When I get home from work I'll look and I'm pretty sure the instruction sheets are there.

They may be a little worn, but there.

As long as I don't get myself in any trouble I'll try to post them on here somehow.

Post them to this thread I am sure a lot of guys would like a copy..

If you can't do that I would pay for a copy..Just to see if I could learn something new..

Larry

Santa Claus has come to town in Florida Yesterday. I got me own of those scientific instruments. Pitch gauge looks great packing was excellent. Sure is perty.

Thanks Will. It's going to be put to good use.

It is off to Charleston with me.

Hi Jerry... YES... I have them for the speedmaster version. They were in my radio case... but folded so they are light in some places and smudged in others. I will have to retype them as they won't copy.

Jerry you know my situation here with my parents so this may take a little time.

Anyone who wants a copy PM me and when they are finished I'll send them.

Free of charge and I hope you will pass the goodwill along.

Jeff

Hi all instead of keeping you waiting here are my original copies. To Don F I hope I didn't break any rules here.

This is not my work but the original author and I seek no profit from this information.

OK here goes

prop gauge 1.jpg

prop gauge 2.jpg

Latest posts

Back