Hitec Lynx

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonShaw

Vendor
Do the high voltage receivers used on these radios have the ability to limit the voltage to keep from damaging the servos? I notice they will work on up to 35v but that would fry a servo. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a good question. I don't know for certain. But I would think you would need a regulator between the servo and reciever.

Thanks guys. Im hoping someone on here has delt with this in the past. Would like to use higher voltage pack but not above 7v until I get this question answered.

What is the lowest voltage you can use with the receiver? If you can use just 6 volts, just go with that. I'm going to a 2S lipo and running a regulator to limit the voltage to 6 volts so I don't fry the servos but could run higher voltage through the receiver.

Brad

Ron,

To me it looks like it would not. The manual says "selecting the appropriate voltage depends on the servos that you are going to use" I would assume if it had this capability, there would be some refrence to it in this section.

IMG_1238.PNG

I have been using the life 2s at 7.2v 850 mia and haven't have a problem.

Dave

Yes the servos are the only limiting factor unless you use a voltage regulator. If you use a 2s lipo and high voltage servos you are good to go. If this is for a high power electric boat setup, you will need a voltage regulator to lower the voltage to your servos capabilities.

Ron,

To me it looks like it would not. The manual says "selecting the appropriate voltage depends on the servos that you are going to use" I would assume if it had this capability, there would be some refrence to it in this section.
Thanks Greg. Thats what I was afraid of.

What setup are you trying to use with the receiver?
Brian,

I was hoping to use a higher voltage battery (14v or so) but if the voltage going into the receiver is what is fed to the servos, then 7v is the max I can use.

Got it Ron. Yes you will need to lower the voltage coming out to 7v for the servos. Or just use the regulator to lower the voltage to the receiver. (between the lipos and receiver) I am not aware of any receiver that has a voltage regulator built in. I think hitec just designed the receiver to be more versatile if needed.

Thanks Brian. I am doing some research and will post here if I find anything.

I just realized that if this is for an electric boat, the ESC is going to regulate the voltage going into the receiver to the proper voltage. I own this radio and it has an input for 8.4v (fully charged 2s lipo.) And a second input to use if you are running a input voltage higher than 8.4v. both inputs are servo style just like any other receiver. I hope that helps

I just realized that if this is for an electric boat, the ESC is going to regulate the voltage going into the receiver to the proper voltage. I own this radio and it has an input for 8.4v (fully charged 2s lipo.) And a second input to use if you are running a input voltage higher than 8.4v. both inputs are servo style just like any other receiver. I hope that helps
Thanks Brian. I will check out that second input. That may be the key on how this works. That input may have circuitry to step down the voltage supplied to the servos. Stay tuned.

Ron some ESC's have bec's built in that have voltage for servos, I think some had adjustable voltage but it's been a few years since I played with electric helis where we used them. I used a lot of castle creations esc and their customer service was great and I'm sure they can help answer your questions if you give them a call

Thanks John

Just a FYI on linking receivers. I got to the race before linking one of my receivers. It was a proton 4e and it would not link to save my butt. Finally I called the help desk and found the software was not up to date. Had to borrow a box from a friend that allows a link to the Internet so I could update the software. I was warned this may happen but I thought tower hobbies would be selling a more up to date radio....wrong!

Back