Degree of angle for the front sponsons

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walt Barney

Vendor
Need this for a 21 JAE GT, my boat will not get up and go I beleive the angle is wrong on the boat I have

the angle that I have is 3.0 degree

Thanks

Walt Barney

Walt, the ramp maybe too deep pushing the front down

Had that prob with my JAE F HYDRO

I put the tub in a mill and mild off at least 1/16 or more off the bottom of the ramp

Soooo the angle and the depth are two considerations.

4 deg seems reasonable for the sponsons and maybe a tick aggressive on the rear ski.

The depth of the ski would need to be at or around the ride height depth on a boat with that kind of transom weight.

Grim

I can't hold it any longer. I can't afford high dollar props or motors and I normally launch my boat my self and it's just pluck in water.

It comes up like a rocket. Best rigger I have ever owned. Built from Zippkit parts from the Zipp Manuel.

Fellas,

Are any that are having trouble using stock out of the bag

ABC Game Changer Propellers? If so, what sizes are you

trying to run and more importantly what pitch ratios?

The 1815 and 1817 work Very Well on the GT-21. Now if

you are having problems is the angle of attack at 4-degrees?

I should have mine ready in the water by the end of this month.

I will know more once I actually have one and can run it.

Just Curious,

Mark Sholund

David Hall worked with Walt during open water at the IMPBA Internats beginning today at Huntsville...

Walts problems were everything other than boat design..I.E. Setup and a sour motor...

We will go into more detail later after the Nats...

Walts boat is running fine....

Last edited by a moderator:
David Hall worked with Walt during open water at the IMPBA Internats beginning today at Huntsville...

Walts problems were everything other than boat design..I.E. Setup and a sour motor...

We will go into more detail later after the Nats...

Walts boat is running fine....
That's good to here Rod.
I was going to jump in on this discussion and defend the JAE design, but I do not have the clout that some boaters have on this forum.

I have been very satisfied with my results with the older 21 G2.

Have made a minor adjustment with aerodynamics that has help me tremendously in heat racing water.

Was not able to make it to Huntsville, but planing on making my presence known in b hydro at races that I can attend this year.

Thanks for all your efforts with the JAE design.

Those efforts, along with Zippkits, has help us boaters buy a very competitive boat at a good price.

Happy Boating,

Tom David

IMPBA 8110

Congratulations to Ron Zaker Jr.

US1 D Hydro JAE

2cd place B Hydro JAE
No US1 for me ,the score sheet is confusing. B and D heat racing first places, both JAE GT kit boats..
Just to let every one know My JAE 21 gt is now up and running, But the sponsons were set at 3.0* and with a new motor that was broken in it still would not get up and run it just plowed water and would not get up and run tried several different props all the way down to a 1445 prop Took it back in the shop and changed the front sponsons to 4.0* put on a 1817 and it took of an ran like it should, just a hard flat launch right off my pontoon. Now I am happy and still need to fine tune.

The motor at the NAT's was tired and needed new brgs from trying to get this boat to run, I would have to guess with the different props that I tried, that I used about a gallon of fuel just could not believe that it would not get up and go. End of story

Walt Barney

Walt,

Good to here that your boat is working well.

You may want to try the 1915 or 1917 next.

I would reduce some of the extra cup on the

Trailing edges and see what the boat will do?

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark Sholund

Latest posts

Back