New Gen III Zoom Carbs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charles Perdue

Guys, for those of you that are now making plans for your boating this year and are interested in some Zoom carbs, I have a new batch coming down the production line and they will be avaliable for sale later on in the spring.

I will be selling the Zoom 21's for the Nova Rossi type engines with the protruding shoulder that inserts into the engine, the Zoom 21's for the CMB VAC type engines that are bolt on, some 46 Zoom carbs for the Nova Rossi type engines with the shoulder, some 45 Zoom bolt on carbs for the VAC engines, a few 45 Picco Zoom carbs, bolt on, some 67 Zoom bolt on carbs for the VAC and some Zoom 67/80 carbs with a larger bore for the VAC type engines in the riggers. I can mod these to work on the CMB 101's also. This is all that I have time to make in this batch.

I will not be taking any orders yet nor will I be making any "one of" custom carbs. I will announce here on IW when I will begin to take orders and when the carbs will be ready to ship. There was some confusion in the past when I took advanced orders and that caused some hard feelings. I do not want that any more. I just want this to go smoothly.

I began making new machining fixtures for the carbs back in September of last year. This speeds up the manufacturing process just a little but more important it makes my work easier and the Zoom carbs even more precise. There are also a few other changes that I have made in my carbs to make them drive better and be more consistent, things that I have learned since I made the last batch. That is why I am calling them GEN III.

I am only working on these for a few hours a week to try not to get burned out like I did before. This is one of my contributions to our hobby but if I cannot enjoy it then there is no point in me making them.

Charles

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Charles I would order list batch zoom carbs for NR 21 and NR 46 let me know cheers Allan

Will you be making carbs for the new nr 91 ? Or any for cmb 101 ?

Thanks
Hello Shane, I will not be making any Zoom carbs for the new NR 91 or the CMB 101 at this time. Maybe next winter. I am fast running out of time to finish the ones that I have started now.

I am also trying to finish my electric retrieve boat and several other shop projects before spring time. When the weather turns warm here, the "BOSS" has other plans for my time....
default_mellow.png

Thanks,

Charles

Will you be making carbs for the new nr 91 ? Or any for cmb 101 ?

Thanks
Hello Shane, I will not be making any Zoom carbs for the new NR 91 or the CMB 101 at this time. Maybe next winter. I am fast running out of time to finish the ones that I have started now.

I am also trying to finish my electric retrieve boat and several other shop projects before spring time. When the weather turns warm here, the "BOSS" has other plans for my time....
default_mellow.png

Thanks,

Charles
Mr. Shane, when talking with Julian Conde this morning, I found out that with a simple mod on the CMB 80 Zoom carb they will work very well on the CMB 101 engine.

In fact Julian set the 2 lap twin record with a pair of Zoom 80 carbs on his twin running CMB 101 engines.

So I will also be offering these CMB 80 Zoom carbs modded for the CMB 101 engines for sale also.

Thanks,

Charles

Here's a link to a video taken in Atlanta. I was running Modified zoom 80 carbs. This same package set the IMPBA 2 lap 1/4 mile record in 2011. You can crawl like the gas boats and once you punch it its on pipe immediately. Perfect throttle response.

Julian

Here's a link to a video taken in Atlanta. I was running Modified zoom 80 carbs. This same package set the IMPBA 2 lap 1/4 mile record in 2011. You can crawl like the gas boats and once you punch it its on pipe immediately. Perfect throttle response.

Those 101's are really buzzing, sounds like a bee hive...
default_smile.png

Charles

I'm in for:

01-quan Zoom Carb NovaRossi .46

01-quan Zoom Carb NovaRossi .21

02-quan Zoom Carb CMB .67/.80 HR

Dave
Hello Mr. Dave, I will post on IW when the carbs are ready to be sold, I will give some advance notice before I post them for sale. This is to try and prevent any confusion, OK my friend. It will be a little while yet.

I will not be making a 67 HR Zoom carbs, only the 67/80/101 Green head style.

Thanks,

Charles

I'm in for:

Dave
Hello Mr. Dave, I will post on IW when the carbs are ready to be sold, I will give some advance notice before I post them for sale. This is to try and prevent any confusion, OK my friend. It will be a little while yet.

Thanks,

Charles
okay, sounds good Mr. Perdue
default_sleep.png

Yes, I believe the 67/80/1.01 Green head you are referring to are similiar to the type of CMB .80 Green head I'm using? (see images below)

Thanks

Jan2015_CMB_.80HR-GreenHead_01.jpg

Jan2015_CMB_.80HR-GreenHead_02.jpg

I'm in for:

Dave

Thanks,

Charles
okay, sounds good Mr. Perdue
default_sleep.png

Yes, I believe the 67/80/1.01 Green head you are referring to are similiar to the type of CMB .80 Green head I'm using? (see images below)

Thanks
You are right Mr. David. I was thinking of the earlier CMB 67 engines.

The worse my memory gets the older I get....
default_smile.png

Charles

Back