Pipe for 7.5 Hawk

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gooycheese

Chat Moderator
I am not sure what happened here, sorry.

I am interested in finding a .45 pipe for a Mac .45 . I would like a AB parabolic but they are hard to find, will a AB XT45 work as well? if so should i get the standard or the extra quiet?

Thank You,

Paul

This is weird I posted the topic 1x and got 3 posts and then there was nothing posted so I replied 2 one post and it still says no replies?

Paul

Paul,

I just received my 45XT and have not tested it yet. This will replace a Cooper QHP which runs strong with a 1655. CMDi claims it is a better broad range pipe compared to the parabolic. I also have one of their new 67 pipes with standard muffling and it is quiet so would assume the 45 pipe would be the same.

Bill

I bought the AB XT45 last night and will test tomorrow and Sunday. I hope it will preform better than the 60 size ops pipe.

Paul

Gonna start with about 9.75 for length and work down.

Paul,

9.75" is where I plan to start with my 45XT pipe which is where the Cooper ran well at. Remember, change one thing at a time and keep track of the changes. Good luck and hang on once you find the right setup.........

Bill

9.75" measured to where on the pipe? :huh:

You might want to try 10 1/2" from center of glow plug to back cone

just as it tapers or bevels down.

Let us know how it works out for you.

-Buck-

Last edited by a moderator:
I have room to move this pipe all over, only question with this pipe is where to mount pressure fitting? I normally would mount 1/2" in front of the fat of the pipe but have noticed alot of the AB machined pipes have a built in fitting near the rear of the pipe?

Paul

I just thought I would post this information I was given. I talked with John Brown and according to him the AB XT45 starting point should be about 10 1/2" to the center of the flat area, that will make the length to the fat of the pipe approximately 9 1/2" which is correct. I was also told by John to mount the pressure fitting in the center of the flat area, which is a little different that what i normally would do but I figured I should ask regarding this pipe before doing it the wrong way.

Paul

So has anybody got a comparison report or any report on the 45XT pipe???
Swapped from the Parabolic to the XT a few weeks ago and I'm very happy with it. It has good transition and pulled great around the corners and all the way through the straights.

It is well suited for my set up.

-Buck-

Latest posts

Back