2 rigger symptoms

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony_marquart

I was thinking about 2 problems I've had int he past and wondered if anyone could give in put. these might have been addressed before but it's been a long time.

1. rigger runs but teeters back and forth on the front sponsons constantly at hight speed. What might be the cause and corrective action?

2. The whole boat seems to hop up and down on the water when give full throttle.. Cause and corrective action?

Thanks guys..

the sponsons dance.. you need to tighten the boat up some.. maybe put a couple of small .015 shims underneath the rear tube..

as for the hop.. could be you have to much drive line angle.. to much attack angle on the rear sponsons.. or not enough cup in the prop..

i would look at the drive line angle on the strut.. typically i start around 1 degree neg and go from there.. easiest thing would be to start flat.. if the boat launches and still hops you need more pitch in the prop.

what kind of boat is it and what size??

chris

I was thinking about 2 problems I've had int he past and wondered if anyone could give in put. these might have been addressed before but it's been a long time.
1. rigger runs but teeters back and forth on the front sponsons constantly at hight speed. What might be the cause and corrective action?

2. The whole boat seems to hop up and down on the water when give full throttle.. Cause and corrective action?

Thanks guys..
The tetering between the front sponsons is usually because the sponson stance is too wide. Narrow the sponson stance, and it will go away.

The hopping has been addressed exactly as I would have suggested by Chris Wood.

Marty Davis

teetering?? that means your going reeeeeeallllllly fast right?? I almost have your graphics worked out. Is that thing running well?? Other that the described above? I dont think I have any different idea as to correction. I had to run my stru completely flat on my 12.

Latest posts

Back