CMD 90 SGX and CMB 35RS gas riggers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaceMechaniX

Supporting Member
Thought I might share two new riggers soon to be racing in District 19. This is an ongoing saga with the CMB 35RS motor which originally was in a Stryker and was just too much. Since then I researched a bunch of hulls and didn’t really find anything out there. I asked CMD if they could build a rigger around the motor, they said yes at least up to 48” So after about a year a big box arrives filled with 10 shredded news papers and a 48” wood rigger from CMD ready for paint. Needless to say the quality is second to none and although it’s a shame to hide the beautiful wood work a local airbrush artist did a stunning job. I also had a 90 SGX which was painted identically to its big brother.

The motor has been massaged a bit to bump the power up thanks to Lohring’s article on MGB and a little nitro motor experience. I’ve also been pestering him for info to. It will race in the open class here in District 19. The rigger is by no means lightweight or wimpy due to the 8lb CMB motor, but it’s a big boat. I don’t think it will be as fast as competitive 26cc rigger, but in rough water or crowded racing I’m pretty sure it will hold its own.

Many thanks to the Andy, John, Renee and Donna from CMD for the custom hull. Lohring Miller for the CMB info and Chris Woods at Airtrix for the paint.

See you at pond. Better pics are in my gallery.

CMD Gas Rigger pics

CMD 90 SGX Rigger

Tyler

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice ..

its awesome when stuff like that rocks up in the mail !!

gee i wish i had your mailman !!!

Jason

Thanks Guys,
Andy pics on a CD will be on their way shortly. Just need to get the Fiancee to model the two Eagles together.

Tyler

That sounds great Tyler! We are working on putting together a GAS page at CMDRACING.COM

Pics of pretty girls are always welcome. :)

I had a chance this last Saturday to go out and do some testing with several boats at the pond. It was the maiden voyage for the SGX 90 and all I can say it SWEET! After a couple needle adjustments, the motor came up on th pipe and was just a dream. Boat hanldes sooo smooth and rides beautifully. A friend took some great shots with a nice digital SLR and will post them as soon as he sends a cd of the pics. My hats off to the Brown's! An incredible boat and worth every penny.

Tyler

Latest posts

Back