Winter time fun!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TomMoorehouse

For a lot of us here in intlwaters it's it been a cold snowy winter. So it's time to get out an old boat and give Snow Boating a try! Who has done this before? I did it once and could only get about 20 feet before the propeller would just blow out the snow.

Too funny.....seams like a cat with counter rotating props is the ticket in the snow blower class. When are we adding it to nationals?

that was way too cool....and he didn't even need a retrieve boat

The only thing I can figure is, that was a WARM day and the snow was very wet and heavy.....

Tom i use to do it every winter in northern Michigan i took a boat and fibered the bottom ran it on the lake what a blast

The only thing I can figure is, that was a WARM day and the snow was very wet and heavy.....
I think powder snow would be preferable. Doubt it would go anywhere in wet snow. If it was wet snow the hull should be on top and bouncing. I've always wanted to try this, maybe next year!!

Just to cool
default_blink.png

We built an airplane (puller style) out of an old boogie board and a zenoah a buddy had...air boat style vanes for steering.. essentially aluminum landing gear for the engine tower and the radio box..... it went really well on the snow.... pretty fast too... prop ate him up one day... so we give up.... lol... bad... have fun out there... counter rotating may be the ticket, but ive seen little 'lectrics most of the time come back with the props chewed up..... .... ice fishin till spring... Mike

Pretty sure the powder snow would just get blown right out of the way. The propeller needs something grab. Not sure why anyone would want to try this, other than to see if it's even possible. Get a snowmobile!
default_smile.png

Back