Jeff Ross's new Kep's 4SL P limited rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad what motor speeds control and batteries are you going to use. I have one everything is really tight for batteries and speed controler. Thanks for your help Tom

I am thinking of 2 2s batteries and I have a 200 Amp ZTW. This way you can put a battery on each side with the ESC in the middle. Will have to see how things fit and may be the motor and drive line in future can be put in the middle.

Regarding the motor mount, I'm on furlough from work. Steve over at Offshore Electrics now has a similar mount for sale. I can't hope to compete on the price. About the only difference is, his is not offset.
Bob

I think I have 1 left but they are very nice! Hard to compete with someone making a 100 at a time. How are your boats Bob ? You have any video of them? Would like to see if you do! Have a prop from Brian B. for the 4S open boat to try. Take care and stay safe!!

Brad

Hey Brad,
No videos, but I will try to take some pics. I certainly have plenty of time now. I have a few of Brian's props as well. I really like his work. They the best performing ones I have. How are things up in your neck of the woods. How are you fairing with this virus.
Regards,
Bob

I didn't mount the motor forward in my Keps. I can get a pair of 3300ma Roaring Tops up front (6600ma) and fit a Flycolor 150 and 1415 with a much shorter driveline. Boat handles very well.
MicIMG_0535.JPG

Doing OK Bob just hiding out in the condo and building boats and parts for people. Finishing a 21 Ninja and Jae for some here. Have some sponsons to build and maybe an electric sport 20 ML kit for Bill when it gets here. I have a Vision 40 boat coming from Mike also to build for myself.

Brad

The more you think about riggers, the tub becomes a versital platform as far as set-up goes. Motor location can changed to the components you use. The original KEP's had an offset drivelinewith the battery on onside and ESC on the other but Mic has moved the motor to the rear with the batteries up front and ESC in the middle. As long as the balance works out it will run good and then it is just a matter of running it to optimize the set-up!!

Brad

Latest posts

Back