What if?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DickJones

Well I have been thinking and working at possibly making some of the COOPER pipes again, allready have a company to make the pipes, here in Florida.

Just wandering if there is a (demand), for these pipes, in (3) different sizes, and maybe a new gas pipe also, if any boaters would be interested in any of the new pipes, please email me the size of pipe and quantity to my email at cooperpipes@hotmail,com

Thanks

dick Jones

Well I have been thinking and working at possibly making some of the COOPER pipes again, allready have a company to make the pipes, here in Florida.

Just wandering if there is a (demand), for these pipes, in (3) different sizes, and maybe a new gas pipe also, if any boaters would be interested in any of the new pipes, please email me the size of pipe and quantity to my email at cooperpipes@hotmail,com

Thanks

dick Jones
Hey Dick,Whats the chances of reviving the .21 Outboard pipe as well? I know those would be HOT ticket amongst many of us.

Thanks!

Thanks

dick Jones
Hey Dick,Whats the chances of reviving the .21 Outboard pipe as well? I know those would be HOT ticket amongst many of us.

Thanks!

Brandon. would depend on the numbers of boaters looking for this item, it takes a little more time and work to make this curved header pipe for the outboard engines.

moby

Dick I would be in for at least 2 21 OB Cooper pipes as well!! I sure there are many more looking for these pipes they just are on IW.

I would certainly be interested in 21 OB, 21, 67 and 90 inboard pipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

dick Jones

Thanks!

Brandon. would depend on the numbers of boaters looking for this item, it takes a little more time and work to make this curved header pipe for the outboard engines.

moby
Truth be told, with the rise in popularity of the 40 market I would he interested in seeing what you guys could come up with for 40 Tunnel. Currently there is only one, maybe two pipes you can buy new, just like the 20 market.

I would no doubt be interested in at least one of each, possibly 2 40 pipes.

Last edited by a moderator:
What pipes are available to make?
Mark

The pipes that would be available, would depend on the demand for each size. I could make all the sizes, including the .21 OB, .45 OB, and the .67 OB, if there is enough demand for them, as well as the .21, .45, .67/.90 inboard pipes.

MOBY

Wasn't there an issue with consistency of the castings for the OB pipes?

Great to thear a perfect OB pipe might be made again!

At what point on the track are you seeing a performance gain with the Cooper Pipe? Is it carrying you through the turns stronger, is it coming off the turns harder, is it pulling down the straights further before it peaks, does it stay staged better, is it pulling more pitch or is it doing all of these better for you? I ask these question because I have 3 or 4 of them and they are somewhere in a box in my shop and I am not sure exactly where they are because my SPP has shown to be a better pipe on my setup. I'm not trying to derail your thread because I am sure that if you build them again you will sell some of them. I just want to know what performance people are getting from the Cooper pipe over the Carbon pipes? It's a good pipe in my opinion but is it really better than the SPP carbon pipes? I am just curious to hear what you are seeing...

-Carl

Kris

I believe you are referring to the early OB pipes that were designed and made by Steve Cooper, yes there were some casting issues, when Steve and I decided to make a new .21 OB pipe design, I made new drawings for the .21 OB pipe, as well as new drawings for the cooperpipes .21, .45, and 67/90 pipes. The new pipes would be the same design, with the back end of the pipe being enclosed with the short stinger out the top of the rear end of the the pipe.

Kris, if U need any other info, please let me know.

dick

At what point on the track are you seeing a performance gain with the Cooper Pipe? Is it carrying you through the turns stronger, is it coming off the turns harder, is it pulling down the straights further before it peaks, does it stay staged better, is it pulling more pitch or is it doing all of these better for you? I ask these question because I have 3 or 4 of them and they are somewhere in a box in my shop and I am not sure exactly where they are because my SPP has shown to be a better pipe on my setup. I'm not trying to derail your thread because I am sure that if you build them again you will sell some of them. I just want to know what performance people are getting from the Cooper pipe over the Carbon pipes? It's a good pipe in my opinion but is it really better than the SPP carbon pipes? I am just curious to hear what you are seeing...

-Carl

Carl

If U could send me a pic of what cooper OB pipe U have, perhaps then I could give U better information.

dick

Im in for at least two times 21, 45 and 67 outboard. Probably more
Joernnnn,nnnn

I can make the pipes, in .21, .45, 67 outboard sizes, the problem is, the .67/90 pipe is 13 inches long ,OAL, when added to the header length, it may change the balance point of your boat considerably, making the boat undriveable?????

dick jones

KrisI believe you are referring to the early OB pipes that were designed and made by Steve Cooper, yes there were some casting issues, when Steve and I decided to make a new .21 OB pipe design, I made new drawings for the .21 OB pipe, as well as new drawings for the cooperpipes .21, .45, and 67/90 pipes. The new pipes would be the same design, with the back end of the pipe being enclosed with the short stinger out the top of the rear end of the the pipe.

Kris, if U need any other info, please let me know.

dick
01BD7302-B91D-4296-A99A-A7E43BE4892C.jpegThis is the .21 Outboard pipe that everyone searches for, Im curious though a redesign? I never knew of there being another one prior to or after this. Something that was never released?

The 180 wrap around was the ticket with these from what weve all assumed in our camp. Im sure there was a true reason to why the cast aluminum was used?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would just like to know where the performance gain is over the SPP carbon pipe. That's all I want to know. If you make the Cooper Pipes again they should sell good because a lot of people do seem to want them but nobody can tell me why they are better.

-Carl

Back