D12 THUNDER IN THE PARK 2018

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsmtboy2

Supporting Member
The Baltimore Model Boat club is hosting our annual spring race at the fort. We have moved to the clubhouse side of the lake with an improved drivers stand. The race is posted on Rcracingevents.com so get entered soon. Last year was a fun event and we will keep the going with raffles,prizes and the night party.

Hard to think this is only 7 weeks away, especially with the amount of snow we're getting right now. I've always thought that the clubhouse side would have been a better setup. Cant wait to see the layout.

See you guys soon!

Course will be setup toward open end and pier will be netted off to save any wayward boats.
Got any "aerial view" type diagrams of how you're going to do this? How will those weddings/receptions they always seems to have affect us now being on the same side?

Course will be setup toward open end and pier will be netted off to save any wayward boats.
Got any "aerial view" type diagrams of how you're going to do this? How will those weddings/receptions they always seems to have affect us now being on the same side?
I believe the wedding hall is closed for good. Google shows about 730 ft between shore and pier.

20180308_094527.png

Clubhouse is closed no more nuptials. I ca get Larry to upload pics
Thanks Charles!
default_smile.png

Ray you bet me to it, yes there's about 750 ft. On the other side we'll be setting our old Greenbriar net from the pier to the shore line and another on the opposite side to catch and runaway boats. Lake side hall is closed for now so there's plenty of parking inc. RV noted in the green lines. Well finally be able to set up the course parallel with the shore line and have use of the pavilion with electricity. Our upgrades for this year are were adding eight feet in length to the drivers stand and adding a CD tower behind the DS.

Everything else is the same,lunch raffle and good times.

20180308_094527.png

Last edited by a moderator:
In an attempt to keep the race running smoothly were going assign duties to club members, two CD for each round one being a back up and the same for boat retrieval. We're also purchasing two number flip cards to indicate what heat were on. There be one on each side of the CD tower. A club member has also donated three headsets intercom's so the CD, referee and boat retrieval members can work together.

Screenshot_20180123-162434.png

The first picture is looking from turn 4 5 6 the second is looking from about the center of the course. No worries about the Rocky shoreline our pier will extend ten feet into the water and were looking into moving some of the rocks to put in temporary cinder blocks for a walk in.

20180127_091904_1520952610309_resized.jpg

20180127_090525_1520952642188_resized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a great time last fall at the fort. The gas nats are the following weekend so I will miss the spring race this year. I plan to make the fall race again. Have fun guys!

Bringing my ol man out of retirement for this one! Cant wait to see you all. 5 weeks, I better start dusting off some boats!

Back