Fiberglass Hydro Cowlings

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Foley

Supporting Member
I now have molds for the following cowlings :

Roadrunner 21 - fits many boats .

Roadrunner 40-67 Offset cowl . Will also fit many boats whether the engine is offset or not ."UP CARB" or low .

Roadrunner 90 Offset cowl . will also fit many boats .

Roadrunner old style low Twin cowl .

Roadrunner VIOLATOR bubble style Twin Cowl , fits "UP " carbs.

Eagle SG 20 cowl , can fit many boats .

Eagle SGX , SG 67-80 cowl .

Email me for more info , std Fiberglass layup .

[email protected]

A new cowl is available for 5 " tubs . It is a high carb clearance cowl offset to the right based on the old Roadrunner 90 cowl . I will post pics . Thanks .

New Cowl for offset engine installs , 5 " tub .

34q8bck.jpg

If Tom doesn't have what you need try Tamalito. He makes a really nice ABS cowl for the jae and it will also fit other boats.

The cowl in post #7 was for me. It is a good thick fiberglass cowl that will hold up to the thrashing a 90 boat will give it. An ABS one likely would not hold up to the punishment over time. Tom actually used 2 different cowls, cut them to the correct angles and size, then feathered them together, created a mould and then was finally able to build the actual cowl. This was due to not having a mould for my particular hull and the work was very good. He went out of his way to build it for me. Well done!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom i am looking for a cowl that will fit a JAE .45 with a Nova .46

i have the 180 degree header engine.

I need to know how high the cowl is right behind the engine as the cowls i have here

are to close to the carb

Greg
How wide is your tub and can you post a pic with the engine in place and a ruler in the photo to show size ?

The cowl in post #7 was for me. It is a good thick fiberglass cowl that will hold up to the thrashing a 90 boat will give it. An ABS one likely would not hold up to the punishment over time. Tom actually used 2 different cowls, cut them to the correct angles and size, then feathered them together, created a mould and then was finally able to build the actual cowl. This was due to not having a mould for my particular hull and the work was very good. He went out of his way to build it for me. Well done!!
Thanks John . I try to give enough glass for strength without going overboard but also keep it light . they will withstand violent crashes and not self destruct . !! :D

Tom, I would like to buy one cowl ! my cowl is (5" wide x 16.125" long) the tall 90 Offset cowl is what I need , my RR is a 60/80 , I'm running a mac 67. Please let me know the total and what type of payment you would like. I would also like you to send me a pic of the Roadrunner VIOLATOR bubble style Twin Cowl , fits "UP " carbs. I have a jag 2 twin, with hr 91's that i would like you to give me your opinion based on these measurements, do you think i could run the cowl ? The tub is 7" wide , from the front of the cowl to center of the motors is 10.125" long , from the center of the mtr's to the rear of the cowl is 6.50" the total cowl length is 16.625" , the measurement of the motor. compartment (side of cowl to center of left mtr 1.75") x (center of mtr. to center of mtr. 3.50") x (center of the right mtr. to the right side of cowl 1.75"). Tom the foot print of my cowl appears to be flat, it will be ok if it has a minimal rise to the cowl maybe 1/8" located in the middle of cowl ! Please let me know what you think and what is the price of the twin cowl? pm me, thanks, Rick Lindow

Last edited by a moderator:
Back