Topspeed 2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OtisHelmke

Afternoon all,

I've been spending too much time online and found an ad elsewhere for a Topspeed2 that was basically NIB. Price seemed fair so I went with it because I'd heard a few good things about the boat and also that it isn't all that common anymore. It arrived ok, missing a lot of the little hardware bits but nothing I don't already have. Wish it had the stand though but I have something. I plan on putting a K&B red carb on it that I also recently aquired and using it in B tunnel since I have a couple of boats for Sport B already. I've read a few complaints about problems with the transom staying in place but not much else. Sounds like it is a good boat. The instructions reccomend a 5/8" spacer between engine and the transom for better handling, any reason to do something different? The mount I am using will cover most of that distance. Will this have much effect? Instructions also don't address attaching the radio box. I guess just sand the paint back and epoxy it in place. Where would the best starting balance point be? It also mentions the recovery pads may not be needed. Yes, no? Best starting location? I'll adjust the prop height to spec to start and set the trim to neutral or maybe slightly nose high? There is a race at Hodges in a month and I see no reason I can't have this boat trimmed in time. It won't be the fastest in class but it will let me run another class without using up my sport tunnels, a VS-1 and a Sprint. My goal going to three more events this year and would like to get as many laps in traffic as I can. Next season who knows?

Rick H.

Back