IMPBA D12 38th Annual Thunder in the Park

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsmtboy2

Supporting Member
we are hosting our annual spring race on 4/24-4/26 at Lake Royer on Fort Ritchie in Cascade, Md. To enter please download and fill out the flyer and mail it in. This event is also on RCRACINGEVENTS.COM .and the flyer can also be downloaded from our club website www.baltimorercmodelboaters.com .

Fort Ritchie Spring race.doc

Attachments

• Fort Ritchie Spring race.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited by a moderator:
Charles I've had a couple people ask for the actual physical address of the site location so they can use MapQuest and such, can you post that info please.
default_smile.png

Correction for above post , everyone please use the community center address 14421 Lake Royer Drive Cascade Md. 21719

For some reason the 14320 Barrick ave is not found with a Garmin etc.

Other addresses that work, 399 Barrick Ave and Hwy 550 Cascade Md. 21719

We are offering the king of the lake class this spring race so dust off those big twin block gassers, T class electrics,and Twin nitro boats, this class is not for the faint of heart.

Good Morning Gentlemen,

Thinking very seriously about coming down for this race. Looks like about a 4 hour drive from here. Just a quick question, what time do you usually finish on Sunday?

Reason being, is I have a wedding to attend in Lancaster, PA at 5 in the afternoon. Looks to be about a 1.5 hour drive from the race site.

Also, what is needed to get my 1/8th scale nitro on the registry for the district? I'd like to bring that and my Sport 40.

Hi Matt we usually finish the last race between 2-3 o'clock awards after that so you should be ok , unless we have a larger than normal boat count 60-80 average

As for the 1/8 scale registry our district does not require one. This years 1/8 scale is one of the largest in some years should be around eight boats. We do a concourse at our fall a Gold Cup Race a picture of the real boat is required

I'am been the president of the Baltimore club for two years now I would like to extend a welcome to all D-1 members who come down to our race with a Free Lunch on Saturday on the club. Thanks. Larry Roberts

Larry,

Thank you for the info.

Sounds like a good time!

And if I don't make the ceremony, I'll still make the reception, that's the best part right??

We still have the hard water problem up here, hopefully will be able to shake the cobb webs before this though.

We are offering the king of the lake class this spring race so dust off those big twin block gassers, T class electrics,and Twin nitro boats, this class is not for the faint of heart.
Bob Morton....bring your twin gasser and I will bring mine. We will finally get to race them. I have not raced mine yet so Ft Richie is a good place to start.

John

Bob Morton....bring your twin gasser and I will bring mine. We will finally get to race them. I have not raced mine yet so Ft Richie is a good place to start.John
Cool Beans. I will bring the RR Pluz Too. Hammer I will be staying at the Hagerstown Hampton Inn (*¿*) First round of cocktails

Is on me. Yea baby let the fun begin. Great place to race cool racers also.

Nails.

The kid & I are talking about camping with his small smoker. Do the 'q on site for lunch, maybe sumthin one night for the campers (-;

More open nitro single/fe riggers running together as a combined class with .45 to.80 singles & I don't know for sure on power, but 8s to 10s fe's together. The boats are in the district, a class could prolly happed for e or f nitro. Some folks would have to drag them outta mothballs, though.....

No kidding,I was thinking just last night to repair the turn fin on my 60 rigger and run it in the King of the pond race but with a CMB 90 in it but the CMB 67 is more doable .....hmmmmm

Our combined class is Open Nitro/FE Hydro. The Cat's are probably going to move over to Open Nitro/FE Cat if the Baltimore Club runs the class so that's going to leave Open Hydro thin. Get that boat wet Larry!! For three years I've been hearing folks say they have big nitro riggers collecting dust. Last year I recall seeing Scott run his a few times and maybe one one or two others during the rest of the season (not including Don's Twin). I'd love to see a full heat of Open Hydro before we talk about splitting the class up.

The question is how many FE cats are there to fill the open nitro/FE cat class. If there are not enough then the class closes for the weekend. Other clubs will have to adjust going forward into the season by offering Open Cat Class bringing all three power types back together again. There was a time in the not so distant past when the cat class was the largest in D12.

I think there is a good chance we will have enough Nitro Cats to make the class. We're looking at two from the Capitol Club. Steve Berry and Mike Faszcza. Danny is planning on running one and Pop always ran the class. I'm going to be working on a FE cat but not till the later part of the season. Like you said, we'll have to see who actually signs up.

Back