2015 IMPBA Gas Nationals, Rochester NY July 16th-19th

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Schofield

I would like to Announce that The Gas Nationals are coming to IMPBA D1, It will be hosted by the Rochester Model Boat Club @ Carey Lake NY on the 16th - 19th of July 2015. More info to follow very soon has the RMBC gets all the event info setup we shall keep you posted. A Big thank you goes out to all the RMBC members for hosting this great event in 2015.

Hope to see a lot of boats at this event! Our location is great. Plenty of room for campers (no electric). Restaurant on site with great food and not pricey. They also keep the bar open late at night for the racers.

Hotels are close by only about 15 minutes from the site. Rochester has plenty to do for family's also. There is a amusement park 15 minutes from most of the hotels in the area. Great place for kids. Plenty of shopping to do also in Rochester. Hope to see everyone in July!

Also I would like to thank the Northern Lights club for moving their race date back a few weeks in order for us to host this event. Thank you guys!

Carey Lake.jpg

10348177_1491865977733608_9007598745824273221_n.jpg

10450852_808281018223_5781912050395663039_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hummmm 6 hour drive. Hammer just might join Nails for some fun.
default_cool.png
Nice job D-1

Ray sounds like we need to round up the D12 Mafia and come join you in NY for some racing ....
Charles, i'll start working on the crew here. I'm planning on it. Keep it in mind for our district race schhedule at the dist. meeting. PM me your phone # please.

Got a quick flyer done. I will be adding a separate flyer for all the hotels in the area. All the hotels will be in the range of a 15-25 minute drive to the site. I will try to list the hotels of expensive to non-expensive. A note about the hotels. Every year the Mormon Church holds the hill cumorah pageant in the same town that the race site is in. It runs for 2 weeks in July and is attended by people all over the world. Unfortunately they have all the blocks reserved for the hotels in the area. That does not mean there is no rooms just that we can not block any rooms. There are ample amount of hotels in the area to accommodate the racers. I do advise that racers book their hotels ASAP! People who plan on camping at the site should contact me directly to reserve a spot. Thanks everyone.

NAMBA Members all you have to pay is a $10 one time fee. You must show a current NAMBA membership card. All racers will be required to show their active membership cards prior to putting any boat on the water.

Check back here for updates. There is also a thread up on Jims. Should be a great event!

The stock zeonah classes are all Stock Zen G260PUM motors only. I will adjust the flyer.

2015 GAS NATS.compressed.pdf

Attachments

• 2015 GAS NATS.compressed.pdf
    126.3 KB · Views: 61
ONLINE REGISTRATIONS STARTS ON FEB.. 1ST ON http://www.rcracingevents.com/

Race Flyer http://www.impba.net/attachments/art...compressed.pdf

HOTEL INFO

1- Relax Inn
2125 Empire Boulevard
Webster, NY 14580
1 585-671-4804

2- Super 8 Webster/Rochester
2450 Empire Boulevard
Webster, NY 14580
1 585-671-6990
super8.com

3- Fairfield Inn Rochester East
915 Hard Road
Webster, NY 14580
1 585-671-1500
marriott.com

4- Hampton Inn Rochester-Webster
878 Hard Road
Webster, NY 14580
1 585-671-2050
http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/index.html

5- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rochester Webster
860 Holt Road
Webster, NY 14580
1 585-872-0900
http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress..._-USEN-_-rocwb

6- Empire Budget Motel
2152 Empire Boulevard
Webster, NY 14580
(585) 671-6876

7- Denonville Inn
1750 Empire Boulevard
Webster, NY 14580
1 585-671-1550

There is nothing going on in District 12 in July....HUMMMMMM. Always wanted to see niagra falls. Bob Morton.....chance to run our twins!

John

I just put a bug in his ear about the race. Gonna see if the girls want to go too so they can see the falls. Either way.....if he goes, I am in. He has the trailer and the truck to pull it. I have three gas boats tuned and ready that I was going to run in Charleston last Fall but had a heart attack the weekend before and never got to run the boats.

John

John, chilli & I are planning on going. Josh Owens, John Crouch, Trent & Charles Jones should be going too, we need a d-12 crowd up there. I've seen Niagara Falls, but I would like to find the house I was born in, Rochester is my home town.

Will be nice to meet the D12 guys. Falls are about hour and a half away. There is plenty to keep the family busy in Rochester during the summer. A six flags theme park about 40 minutes away. A smaller theme park seabreeze is only 20 minutes from the race site. Also there is a water park in Canandaigua which is 15 minutes from the site as well.

Sign ups will begin this Sunday February 1st at 9am. The race signups can be done at rcracingevents.com. There is a boat limit so sign up early. Don't be left out.

We also have 2 hotels blocking rooms for us. HGI in Pittsford NY is a higher end hotel and it is $139 a night. Super 8 motel in Webster if you are just looking for AC at night and a bed is $80 a night. Both hotels are in nice areas with plenty of access to grocery stores and shopping centers.

Matt

There is nothing going on in District 12 in July....HUMMMMMM. Always wanted to see niagra falls. Bob Morton.....chance to run our twins!

John
I'll be chucking Mort's twin in, will Jim be doing the same. HUMMMMMMMMMM

I just put a bug in his ear about the race. Gonna see if the girls want to go too so they can see the falls. Either way.....if he goes, I am in. He has the trailer and the truck to pull it. I have three gas boats tuned and ready that I was going to run in Charleston last Fall but had a heart attack the weekend before and never got to run the boats.

John

John, chilli & I are planning on going. Josh Owens, John Crouch, Trent & Charles Jones should be going too, we need a d-12 crowd up there. I've seen Niagara Falls, but I would like to find the house I was born in, Rochester is my home town.
John, will Don's Gas Scale be ready. Oh my aching back.
default_biggrin.png
HUMMMMMMMMMMM

John

John

default_biggrin.png
HUMMMMMMMMMMM
I don't see gas scale listed as a class and he pretty much has all his vacation days scheduled for Hobart, Charleston, and all the District races as well as any record trials he might attend. Pretty much booked for the year.

John

John

John

default_biggrin.png
HUMMMMMMMMMMM
I don't see gas scale listed as a class and he pretty much has all his vacation days scheduled for Hobart, Charleston, and all the District races as well as any record trials he might attend. Pretty much booked for the year.

John
If I hit the Lottery, hell with work. We'll make um all.
default_ohmy.png

I would love to go to this one...may talk to Pete (our photo guy) and see if he wants to take a ride up...

I would love to go to this one...may talk to Pete (our photo guy) and see if he wants to take a ride up...
Count me in......

Back