Phil Thomas Sport 40 Help?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samuel Hagan JR

I have a PT Sport 40 that absolutely hates rough water.

I mean absolutely hates rough water. Weather it be windy, or rough water from heat racing. This thing hates it and I'm running out of idea.

Anyone with a PT Sport 40 have any suggestions. I'm almost ready to buy a new boat I hate this thing that much.

You having a bad day testing, well all boats have a challenge with the rough waters. Comes down to rtr weight and balance point, strut depth and angle. Wes had one he couldn't tame but now it is running alot better. Maybe the boat whisperer Kenny will chime in.

I am getting the molds done for the new Stealth 45 sport 40 boat.

Wow, that boat is one of the best in rough and smooth water......so it has to be your setup. Your uncles is one of the best ones I've seen racing since getting back and I'm never at a race that doesn't have rough water. Might look at his setup.....might cost a couple dinners??

Just give it to David to fix............ What rudder,what strut? what prop? CG? turnfin brand? fuel tank up front or on cg? I have flown a lot of Pt40s and returned to finish the heat Jack Kohlmeyer Classic 09  flip n win.jpg

Sam

It doe's not matter if the boat is 2 years old it still could have a twist in it.Way it was strap down in a trailer or left in a trailer strap down with the heat in the trailer.

Dave

Just give it to David to fix............ What rudder,what strut? what prop? CG? turnfin brand? fuel tank up front or on cg? I have flown a lot of Pt40s and returned to finish the heat Jack Kohlmeyer Classic 09 flip n win.jpg
Same setup as Davids. Handles completely different.
I would like to see some pictures of this demon.

**Inside lay out

**Picture of transom hardware

**Picture of turn fin from the rear and from the side

**Picture from the side on a flat surface to show strut depth and angle.

****Question was asked,,, but not answered. Have the air traps been filled in?

That filler mod was years ago we updated it at the time then Namba did away with the rule. The air trap rails that go to the back actually help hold the rear of the boat up

If I remember Sam your boat was really fast with that motor so trying to copy a setup from another boat dont work all the time. There is a base setup return to that.

Little more weight and strut angle, more than usual, will help. My boat started running looser last year cause of a faster motor too.

There a FE boater out East that has a new one running 108mph HA. He did destory one running that fast but it stay on the water, think he hit a tree..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back