CNC

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baxter Walton

If you have prints, and need anything done on a lathe or CNC mill,or CNC Lathe. let me know I have a full shop at my use. 2 Haas CNC Mills, and 2 Haas CNC Lathes plus a lot of other stuff. PM with questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have prints, and need anything done on a lathe or CNC mill,or CNC Lathe. let me know I have a full shop at my use. 2 Haas CNC Mills, and 2 Haas CNC Lathes plus a lot of other stuff. PM with questions.

holy serious machine shop batman!!! I assume you use this stuff to make a living? I would give alot to have a shop setup like that!!

I did a lot of slot car work from here, trying to help out boating as much and a reasonable as I can.

Very cool shop. I'm jealous. I have a Tormach PCNC 1100 on my garage now and it keeps as busy as I want to be.

I had a FADAL, a Haas and a heart attack in my shop, and decided I no longer needed the stress of ownership so I sold the equipment and closed the shop.

Baxter,

Is ths your shop, or do you work for someone who lets you use his machines? The latter would be very cool. You would have all the advantages and none of the responsibilities.

I would like to see a 1/8 rudder mount like in the pic. If one was available I think most 1/8 hydro guys would buy one, there is nothing scale as far as a rudder mount out yet and its been long overdue. I would pay a pretty penny for something like this.

048.JPG

when andy had his cnc he was making these

http://cmdracing.com...ew_releases.htm
I could probably make one that would be similar to that one, but the round tubes in the picture would be square or rectangle or square, and it would probably be kind of expensive. I make ALL my rudder blades from 7075 aluminum, and then hard anodize them so they don't stain if you run them in salt water.

Thanks for the link to Andy Browns hardware, they look nice but I dont think you can buy them anymore?

I was thinking instead of one piece construction, make it two pieces for the sides and utilize a speedmaster end for rudder?

I drew up plans for this and presented it to a local machine shop they said no problem, but I had to invest in at least 20 rudder brackets at a cost way above my budget.

I keep telling you gentlemen, I have a CNC milling machine in my garage and my rates are really reasonable. If I make your parts, I might make 20 of them. but you'll only need to buy what you want.

I'll just sell the rest to someone else. Why should you have to pay for what you don't need.

Send me your drawings, and try me out. I guarantee you won't regret it. If you want one piece, I'll make one. Just be prepared because it's going to be a little more expensive than it would be if I make 20. By a little more expensive, I mean maybe 25 to 50%. An example would be, if 20 pieces costs $50.00 each, then one piece could cost $60.00 to $75.00.

Someone gave me some Andy Brown stuff a couple of years ago, and I told him I'd have to check with Andy before I duplicated it. I checked with Andy and he said OK, but thanks for asking. I just don't want to step on anyone's toes.

I don't do this to make a lot of money. I do it to keep my mind sharp in my retirement.

I usually ask for half down, but for something like this, I won't ask you for any money until your parts are finished.

Right now, I'm only making parts for gas boats because I just recently received a request for some nitro stuff.

TORMACH 3.JPG

Steve, I actually need a strut and rudder for a .40 rigger. I'll get you some pics and measurements Wednesday day night. What's your email?

Back