new for 2016 season

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob williams

new gas scale. waiting on the kit to get here will start the build.

1991-93_U-10_Winston_Eagle_Hull_8700_1_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How is this boat going? I building Mikes gas scale Olympia beer hydroplane, you going to use a rear exhaust motor?

still waiting on the cowling and will start the build. not sure what motor till get the frame together see how much room I have

Rob, Do you plan on fitting motor and pipe b 4 you put top skin on? On my ml boatworks Olympia beer gas scale I ended up putting a belly pan on to drop motor and fit a quickdraw wrap to center pipe with the header under the deck.So you may want to fit motor first b 4 putting top skin on.Just my opinionPlease keep posting thanks,geno

Rob, Do you plan on fitting motor and pipe b 4 you put top skin on? On my ml boatworks Olympia beer gas scale I ended up putting a belly pan on to drop motor and fit a quickdraw wrap to center pipe with the header under the deck.So you may want to fit motor first b 4 putting top skin on.Just my opinionPlease keep posting thanks,geno
Eugene, send in some pics, like to see how you put the Quickdraw WTC pipe under the deck. I am also building the same from ML.

yea we Will be installing a belly pan. pick up a 100D header will try to keep the pipe under the cowl. just waiting on the mounts to get here.

new gas scale. waiting on the kit to get here will start the build.
Hi Rob, This is exciting and looks like your build is coming along petty good. I'm building a new Winston Eagle (8700) for a friend and also a Winston Eagle Lobster Gas Scales for myself. It's being interesting doing both at the same time. In not doing a little research before the build, we both assumed our 30cc Zenoah engines would be the ticket "WRONG". It now looks like we both have to go to a front carb rear exhaust engine to keep it scale looking with out adding lumps and bumps.

The Winston Lobster is the most challenging so far, as an extreme kit was not available for the Lobster, only pre-cut plywood for the skinning. Also it did not have nothing for the front canard wing and spoiler and no templates for the rear wing top or sides. I would like to say, keep your painter in mine, I have made removable front spoilers to eases the pain and paying special attention in getting it ready for the painter (painters are your friends) Have your encountered any problems in your build? Any thing I should look for or be aware off???????????? Keep the pics coming!!!!

Rob, in building my kit I raised the sides of the engine well 1/4" inch to fit a zenoah with a qwickdraw 180 pipe. That gives me just over 1/4" air gap between the top skin and the pipe with 1/8" clearance between the engine mount and bottom of the boat. As you have probably seen there isn't much room for a belly pan on that boat before it protrudes below the sides of the boat. This may or may not be an issue as the bottom of the sponsons are still well below. Just looked funky to me.. Guess I'm weird that way:). Anyhow just letting you know it will fit and blends in rather nice. Wish I could post photos. But either way your build is looking good! Keep posting photos. I have to take a break on building due to work but would love to follow your build and what you have found good or bad with this kit.

Back