sport hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Ellison

For sale new wood sport hydro similar in size to a G-4 but much lighter than glass, Will have epoxy glass cowl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skinned photos, This one is a one of a kind, Go to next page to see final more conventional hull.

sport hydro 014.JPG

sport hydro 015.JPG

sport hydro 017.JPG

sport hydro 019.JPG

sport hydro 018.JPG

sport hydro 003.JPG

sport hydro 006.JPG

Like the design Dan! From the pics it looks like a fairly aggressive aoa. Should be fast. How wide is the transom? The price is certainly right for a complete built wood hydro.

Like the design Dan! From the pics it looks like a fairly aggressive aoa. Should be fast. How wide is the transom? The price is certainly right for a complete built wood hydro.
The transom is about 8 1/2" legal for both NAMBA and IMPBA

I would run a 1/16" thick x 1" wide ride pad down the inside of the sponsons for me but other than that I really like the boat. Blazer style turn fin would be my choice. Is the right sponson pre tapped for the bracket?

Made some changes to more conventional look but most everything stay's the same. Also changes the nose a little to accept a whip/backlash type of cowl and more room for fuel tank in front of engine. It can be made either way only a few pcs get changed.

006.JPG

001.JPG

I would run a 1/16" thick x 1" wide ride pad down the inside of the sponsons for me but other than that I really like the boat. Blazer style turn fin would be my choice. Is the right sponson pre tapped for the bracket?
Yes it has a pc of aluminum to drill and tap for bracket and 14/20 stainless blind nuts for the engine mount. It will have a additional ride pad before it is 100% finished

I'd be concerned about the rear of the sponson mounts going up like you have them. It could suck the boat down or bleed off lift and affect the boat's performance. Just a thought
If the finished boat comes out aprox. two pounds lighter than don't you think you want to get rid of some lift , just a thought

I'd be concerned about the rear of the sponson mounts going up like you have them. It could suck the boat down or bleed off lift and affect the boat's performance. Just a thought
If the finished boat comes out aprox. two pounds lighter than don't you think you want to get rid of some lift , just a thought
Kind of depends on how much the engine weighs and where the boat balances out when all is said and done. Unlike a modern picklefork or turbine style scale boat, this boat doesn't have a lot of bottom aft of the sponsons and, similar to a round nosed scale, there won't be a lot of air supporting that long afterplane. By having what looks to be a symetrical airfoil behind the sponsons, it would seem to pretty much eliminate any lift that area would have provided and COULD result in a boat that rides much heavier on the sponsons and requires a lifting prop. In all honesty, I'm hoping I'm wrong on this one
Mark

The point I was trying to make is if you take lets say a well set up Insane G4 and take two pounds off it does it still need Xfactor lift , I would think it needs less

Kind of depends on how much the engine weighs and where the boat balances out when all is said and done. Unlike a modern picklefork or turbine style scale boat, this boat doesn't have a lot of bottom aft of the sponsons and, similar to a round nosed scale, there won't be a lot of air supporting that long afterplane. By having what looks to be a symetrical airfoil behind the sponsons, it would seem to pretty much eliminate any lift that area would have provided and COULD result in a boat that rides much heavier on the sponsons and requires a lifting prop. In all honesty, I'm hoping I'm wrong on this one
Mark

The point I was trying to make is if you take lets say a well set up Insane G4 and take two pounds off it does it still need Xfactor lift , I would think it needs less
I knew what you were getting at Henry. I'm just used to seeing boats that are claimed to be lighter and faster that actually come in heavy when everything is installed. I'd rather have a boat with more lift and have to settle it down than have less lift and have to figure out how to get it up on plane.

Back