Flex shaft maintance ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riggerman

Hi all for flex shaft maintance on my K&B .21 o/b and O.S Max .21 every 6 runs i remove the flex cable wipe it down with paper towel and re-grease with Mercury 's 2-4-C marine grease and re-install back into lower unit. Should i also be doing something else ? Regards Andris Golts.

I do it after every test session with the same grease you use... I do not like the moisture sitting between my pto and the lower unit, and I like to inspect the flex after cleaning for a broken strand, hot spot or kink.... good luck....

Try using "Green Grease" . The stuff is worlds better than Mercury 2-4-C.

Both the lubricating qualities as related to high rpm flex shaft lubrication needs and the water flashing it out it is much less than with Mercury 2-4-C.

That's about what I do. I've always used Hyperformance or K&B grease for the flex shafts. I haven't been able to find anything that works better

I good "shot" of outboard gear oil every run works well for me. I usually pull shafts out of lower units at the end of race meets. Sometimes I forget but they still look good 2 months later.

Latest posts

Back