New 21 beginning construction

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr gary turner

Purchased the 21 GT JAE KIT

Great kit with the inter locking pieces help significantly with construction.

We used the laser cut parts for templates. The Bullard/Turner spin on construction was started yesterday and in about 5 hrs we had framed the hull except the bottom which goes on after sealing the inside of the hull, and framed up 3 sets of sponsons except for tops and bottoms.

Hull is 1/8 dyvinicl carbon fiber out side and 1/32 plywood inside of the hull

Hey Doc, I'm putting the driveline in mine now. Might have it in Tampa. Yours is looking good!

Steve Ball

Purchased the 21 GT JAE KIT

Great kit with the inter locking pieces help significantly with construction.

We used the laser cut parts for templates. The Bullard/Turner spin on construction was started yesterday and in about 5 hrs we had framed the hull except the bottom which goes on after sealing the inside of the hull, and framed up 3 sets of sponsons except for tops and bottoms.

Hull is 1/8 dyvinicl carbon fiber out side and 1/32 plywood inside of the hull
Looks nice guys!

Thanks Steve and group. I love the big block racing, BUT there is something about a BAD 21.

Bill McGraw got me hooked on 21's and I am still hooked.

Got on my mill this afternoon and made the motor mount for the new 21 GT

NOT MUCH ROOM FOR ERROR

The holes in the mount are only about 1.0 mm from the the side of the case of the 21

The material is Delrin

Got on my mill this afternoon and made the motor mount for the new 21 GT

NOT MUCH ROOM FOR ERROR

The holes in the mount are only about 1.0 mm from the the side of the case of the 21

The material is Delrin
looks good doc. i am jealous,wish i never sold my mill/lathe set up...
default_sad.png
good luck with the project.mike.

Thanks, I made another mount and moved the motor forward 1/2 in. Need more space between the collet and the radio box wall

Love the mill wish I had gotten it years ago

Thanks Terry

So Terry since retirement I bet every day is a Saturday and on Sunday you don't think about Monday

Thanks Terry

So Terry since retirement I bet every day is a Saturday and on Sunday you don't think about Monday
Fur shur! I was lucky that I didn't work M-F, 9-5 but having even more time to play is fantastic. Don't know how I had time for work!

BTW, just got blood work back three months post op. Lipitor, exercise and a strict diet are paying off. Total cholesterol 113 and LDL 48, guess I'm gonna live...
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Progress report.

Photo of sponsons: This the way if you build sponsons to get them TRUE to the water level and to each other.

Had to build a new different motor mount to get some room between end of the collet and bulk head.

Had originally move the motor location back one inch. So lost 1/2 inch.

Todays job is to get on the mill and modify hardware to fit on the narrow transom and build adjuster blocks for rear boom tubes.

What part of the sponsons are you gluing in the photos of the sponsons? Is it the boom tube inserts?

Doc if you have the sponson aoa correct adjustment is not needed. These boats react more to strut adjustment than anything else. But those blocks would help keep the turn fin in its place

Back