who makes cowls?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speed Jr.

In need of cowls for my JAE 45 and JRX 91. I just got a Zippkits cowl in today for my 45 and it is embarrassing to say the least. So whose got the hookup? Anyone make clear CF cowls?

Larry Jr.

In need of cowls for my JAE 45 and JRX 91. I just got a Zippkits cowl in today for my 45 and it is embarrassing to say the least. So whose got the hookup? Anyone make clear CF cowls?

Larry Jr.
Larry I get my cowls from Andy Brown & I custom fit it to a piece of wood for the 101. I'll be working on a cowl mold over the winter,if it's broken send it back & I'll fix it. Just a Note: You may need extra cowl tie downs. I have used the Zippkits cowl on my 45 rigger,I just trim the back end some & it looks cool. Ray Bowden got one on his 45 rigger & looks cool when painted. Andy Brown Email: [email protected] Phone: (386)330-2420. Donna will help you on the phone. I've done a lot of orders by email. They take PayPal,nice people never had a problem buying from them for the last several years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure they are wet laid, not vacuum bagged, and require a little work but for $24 it sure looks good on my boat.

IMG_1307.JPG

IMG_1285.JPG

Ray Bowdens 45 rigger with Zippkits 45 cowl one piece no added wood needed like my 67-101 rigger,cause of the long fuel/engine bays.

image.jpeg

Larry Jr.
Larry I get my cowls from Andy Brown & I custom fit it to a piece of wood for the 101. I'll be working on a cowl mold over the winter,if it's broken send it back & I'll fix it. Just a Note: You may need extra cowl tie downs. I have used the Zippkits cowl on my 45 rigger,I just trim the back end some & it looks cool. Ray Bowden got one on his 45 rigger & looks cool when painted. Andy Brown Email: [email protected] Phone: (386)330-2420. Donna will help you on the phone. I've done a lot of orders by email. They take PayPal,nice people never had a problem buying from them for the last several years.
Yeah, Joel, I like the way you adapt that AB cowl with the wood in the nose area.

Looks way cool!

Thanks-

Tim

Larry Jr.
Hi Larry- AB's cowls are available in CF, to the best of my knowledge, but they are

substantially more $$$. You'd have to contact CMD, Inc. for more info.

Give Donna a call at (386) 330-2420 for specifics, or contact Andy here.

Hope it all works out for you.

Thanks-

Tim

The 45 zip cowl isnt long enough. I would have add wood to the bottom of it to extend the nose far enough. I would much rather have a larger cowl around the motor area anyway like my JRX has... I guess I was just comparing it to the Andy Brown cowl which is significantly stiffer and laid up better. Thanks for the info fellas.

Larry,

I have a JAE 45 Cowl mold. See attached picture.

I would need about 4-5 weeks to get a cowl done.

Regards,

Bert

JAE Cowls - 1.16.16.JPG

Larry Jr.
Im with you on the embarrassing part! Mine had bugs! And what looked like cigarette ash embedded in it was absolutely crap!!

well , I need to agree, The cowl I just got is not good craftsmen ship , 1 to 5 its a 2 I just got my order in the mail to build 45 GT booms an cowl.

there are spots in it no glass just resin an its twisted. sorry Zippkit Im just telling it like it is...

Back