KEP'S RIGGER KITS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Ross

Laser cut KEP'S rigger kits available thanks to Niklas for the awesome plans and opportunity to help provide these boats to the boating community.

T3-45 ($150 Shipped)

T3-21 ($120 Shipped)

FE-4S ($120 Shipped)

Includes all wood (Birch plywood) parts to make the kits along with eps foam sponson cores, brass tubing for sleeves and pultruded carbon booms +10 for solid.

Just finished up a bunch and can make more upon request.

I will post pictures soon and update this posting with some already built kits from people that have sent me photos.

Jeff does a great kit!! Not as if I have built any. lol Are you offering the new 45 kits with and without toy tabs? I think it is an astetic thing but as the plan shows Niklas has pinned all the bulkheads. So toy tabs or pins?? Just like Paint or Clear? I think painted boats are easier to see but they still get run over. I will have the cowl plugs done soon and a new version for the 21 for Beta and DD style engines.

Brad

Hey brad yes I'll add a second kit to your order I'm already working on. I'll be in touch with you on everything very soon.

I can do any of the kits toy tabs or not it's whatever is preferred. As mentioned the tabs make things very nice clicks together.

Here are some photos of the kits with toy tabs added.

T3 & 4S shown in the photos.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Jeff's kits are great . I'm building one KEP's T3 21 at the moment ( 80% finished) and all i have to say ....... never been easier to build a rigger even for guys who never build one !

All the parts fits perfect.

Way to go Jeff !!!!!!!!!

Thank you again !

Alex

Jeff may clear this up, but one is a balsa core and the other is a foam core which you sheet in plywood. When I build them I make up a blind nut plate out of 1/8" and cut away the foan and install it under the ply sheeting for the turnfin bracket. If you use balsa cores you can use the drilled and tapped aluninum like what is showen on the plans. I think the foam is the lighter way to go.

Brad

Do these kits come with the sponsons partially complete like shown in the pictures?
The kits come with the sponson shape cut out of eps foam or balsa by request.

I include 1/16" plywood pieces to skin the sponsons.

Jeff's kits are great . I'm building one KEP's T3 21 at the moment ( 80% finished) and all i have to say ....... never been easier to build a rigger even for guys who never build one !

All the parts fits perfect.

Way to go Jeff !!!!!!!!!

Thank you again !

Alex
Awesome thanks for the kind words as I have been saying all along we can all thank Niklas for the awesome plans.

Please post some pictures if you get a chance.

Jeff may clear this up, but one is a balsa core and the other is a foam core which you sheet in plywood. When I build them I make up a blind nut plate out of 1/8" and cut away the foan and install it under the ply sheeting for the turnfin bracket. If you use balsa cores you can use the drilled and tapped aluninum like what is showen on the plans. I think the foam is the lighter way to go.

Brad
Thanks Brad yes the balsa cores are 2x the weight of the eps foam.

I have not been making the balsa unless specifically asked to do so and I am not keeping it in stock at this time.

I just finished cutting a bunch of T45 Sponson Blanks I will post a picture this weekend.

Also cut your 6 Turnfin Blanks and Doublers had exactly enough material to make them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish the DiviniCell was easier to get in smaller quantities I would love to offer it instead of Balsa or EPS.

Might be something to try and get here in near future and offer instead.

I am just a one man show and trying to keep the kit cost down for everyone as much as possible I wish I had the $ to purchase the entire 4x8 sheet.

But with that said the eps foam works great and so does the balsa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some quick snapshots of my KEP'S-21 build out of a Jeff Ross laser kit.

Will keep you updated !

AlexIMG_0234.JPGIMG_0235.JPGIMG_0236.JPGIMG_0237.JPGIMG_0238.JPGIMG_0239.JPGIMG_0240.JPGIMG_0346.JPGIMG_0347.JPGIMG_0348.JPGIMG_0349.JPGIMG_0350.JPGIMG_0351.JPGIMG_0352.JPG

Very nice thanks for posting where did you get the sleeves and collars? I like those a lot!!!

Back