Help Support IntlWaters by donating using the link above.
Photo

Generators and power supplies.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 warlokboats

warlokboats

Beginner Boater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:32 PM

On runryder.com there are several people having no problems with using that gene to run ps. You do need a ps like this that will handle the fluctuations in voltage.

Attached Files

Edited by warlokboats, 02 October 2017 - 08:32 PM.

#17 Brian Spitzer

Brian Spitzer

Beginner Boater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:21 PM

Here's a much better choice than Harbor Freight and much cheaper than a Honda. I know several people that have purchased Champion Generators and they are very happy with their choice. Look at the ones with invertor technology.

https://www.champion...ASAAEgISXPD_BwE

Edited by Brian Spitzer, 02 October 2017 - 09:34 PM.

#18 SteveWasylyk

SteveWasylyk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:36 PM

Here's a much better choice than Harbor Freight and much cheaper than a Honda. I know several people that have purchased Champion Generators and they are very happy with their choice. Look at the ones with invertor technology.

https://www.champion...ASAAEgISXPD_BwE

Lol. I have 2 of them. Excellent choice

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

#19 Jeffmaturo

Jeffmaturo

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:16 PM

On runryder.com there are several people having no problems with using that gene to run ps. You do need a ps like this that will handle the fluctuations in voltage.

Thanks for the info~

#20 Notter Dean

Notter Dean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:28 AM

If using a non-inverter style, verify frequency is at 60 Hz.  some electronics can not handle more than +/- 5 Hz

#21 Hydro Junkie

Hydro Junkie

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:27 PM

Funny you should say that.  I said basically the same thing back in post 11 when I said this:

I'd pony up for an inverter and call it good.  I know most electronics don't like a non-regulated power supply.  Hilton audio equipment is so fussy that it says right in the manual that if a non-inverter generator is used, the warranty is void.

The response I got was this:

Hydro Junkie, on 02 Oct 2017 - 4:33 PM, said:snapback.png

I know most electronics don't like a non-regulated power supply.

a heck of a lot of modern electronic devices have switched-mode power supplies, which don't really care what you feed them. if the power supply/AC adapter says it can handle 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, then it can probably handle any raggedy-ass noisy waveform you feed it and work just fine.

Hilton audio equipment is so fussy that it says right in the manual that if a non-inverter generator is used, the warranty is void.

that just tells me they still have linear power supplies.

I, personally, wouldn't use a generator that doesn't have a frequency regulator of some sort for any kind of electronics.  That said, for power tools, any generator that can handle the load is fine