sponson/prop ratio

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warlokboats

i can not remember what the ratio is between the front sponson width/ to the rear ride tip of the front sponson to the front of the prop. anybody remember this?

thanks jon

Jon,

I do not think there is a ratio for afterplane length for any

of our boats? I seems like the afterplane lengths are getting

longer and longer on at least the: 12, 21, & 45-Hydros currently.

I hope the afterplane length is what you were asking about?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

I have observed with my designs:

- Longer afterplane makes for light footing on the front sponsons.

- Wider stance allows smaller ride pads.

The moment arm for both directions gains stability but the inherent spanned out weight distributions

can be disrupted easy by chop and rollers if the rigger is a feather weight.

used to be the rule was 2-1 afterplane. but guys started doing the short n wide thing and moving the CG all over the place as the CG was generally right after the trailing edge of the front sponsons. boats are "different" engines are more powerful out of the box but yet guys are still struggling to run 80mph in heat,even with twins. the more things change the more they stay the same lol. go figure

used to be the rule was 2-1 afterplane. but guys started doing the short n wide thing and moving the CG all over the place as the CG was generally right after the trailing edge of the front sponsons. boats are "different" engines are more powerful out of the box but yet guys are still struggling to run 80mph in heat,even with twins. the more things change the more they stay the same lol. go figure
BINGO!

Latest posts

Back