12 Hydro Wire Drive

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SayMikey

I want to setup a wire drive on my new 12 build. Where is the best place to get the parts and information?

Octura sells the engine collet and stub shaft drilled for 1/16 wire. I purchased 1/16 piano wire at the local hobby store. (Prop Shop Hobbies in Warren MI). Check their website they may have the collet and stub shaft in stock.

I have all the parts too. pretty sure I have a collet too, depends on the engine you will use.

What thread on the crank? I think I have them for m5 and 1/4-20 x .063 for the wire. Depends on the engine that you will use, off the shelf or homemade.

No, but I run a wire drive on a gas engine in hydro & mono's. Not homemade system, but made by Brent Bryers. This uses 3,1 mm wire.

A smaller driveline is offered by http://www.rcraceboat.com/Storewiredrive.htmlhave no experience with them, but the system looks very similar. Otherwise you might seek on some fast electrics forum as these guys often also use a wiredrive.

A how to or video would be very welcome as I only use a RTR system.

Yes I have used a wire on one of my .21 boats. I didn't notice as much difference as I did in the .12.

GQ
Did you use the same hardware(eg same sort of strut, wire diameter etc), or was it different, which could explain smaller differences?

Back