• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New To Rc Boating Wanting A Gas Racing Boat To Race Help Plz

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul,

What class of gas boat are you looking for? Tunnel, hydro, mono, Thunderboat, Sport Hydro, Scale, etc????????

Hydro ,tunnels,or offshore .just starting so whatever I can find reasonable and may get more than one class I'm in Atlanta and went to race The nationals now I'm hooked.

Paul,

If you go mono. I have a 51" Micoburst RTR and a Seaducer RTR depends on your budget. I can send pictures,but need your email. What are you looking to spend?

Bill

You might consider first looking to local clubs in your area and make contact with experienced boaters/racers to help guide you. One way to find them is by going to NAMBA.com and looking at your district. There you will find various clubs that use NAMBA (North American Model Boating Associations) as their members insurance carrier. Others here may also suggest the IMPBA organization.

There is no sense buying a boat of any kind if you're uncertain what it takes to get it running including the associated necessities such as radio gear.

Good luck! I wish you were here in the great northwest so we could help you one on one. I'm sure there are those close to your locale chomping at the bit to add a new friend and racer to their group.

Bill

Thank you Bill .already purchased a few boats to start but looking to race so i am joining the club and assoc. This has really been exciting for me I grew up in south Florida and remember the offshores .i loved them boat racing is so awesome.wish I would have started earlier.

Atlanta was a good race to watch,I was there. Welcome to model boat racing,be patient it takes time to get good at it.Just make sure your always having fun.....

Paul. Check with the Huffs there at the Atlanta club you can also talk to Doug Smock. They will hook you up locally and get you on your way.

Wanting to race need gas boat race ready anyone here can help I'd appreciate it paul
Once you get something,, come & join us for the fun

"

The Atlanta Model Boaters would cordially like to invite you to attend the Atlanta Grand Prix 1, being held on July 12th & 13th 2014. The Grand Prix circuit offers a nice mix of Nitro, Gas, & Electric classes (something for everyone). Open water will be held on Friday the 11th from 5PM until dark, and Saturday morning from 8AM – 11:30. We will begin racing at noon on Saturday!

Entries are being accepted via www.RCRacingEvents.com ."

Paul called this evening Rick. He's got it bad.
default_cool.png
I imagine we'll see him soon.
default_biggrin.png

Back