carb issues / need help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andymicke

I have a stock zenoah g300 with a mod 1048 carb. has about 5 bags of fuel. and the butterfly started to stick open. just a little. so I thought maybe the butterfly movedo or became off center. so I took it off. and without the butterfly it still sticksays open . could it simply be the spring? and is just that replaceable? thanks in advance

Is it possible that the servo tried to push it past wide-open throttle? That can bend the throttle arm.

Yes, you can get Walbro carb parts, sometimes as easily as your local outdoor tool repair shop.

If you can find a spring that'll work then try that. I got lucky as many years ago my wife worked for a short time at a place where they made all of of springs and she brought some home. I had to use one or two on one of the Walbro barrel carbs.

Andy, get up with Ron Buck on JRCBD. He makes a stainless throttle shaft that won't twist or bend & stick.

I bought the speedmaster throttle linkage. but I'm having a hard time lining everything up. I have however got my carb fixed. Looks like the butterfly got a little off center. I relined it up. and she snaps shut. I also ordered a new carb. I'm finding out , one can never have enough spare parts.

I had a similar problem. The Eclip that keeps the shaft from moving had poped off. A little movement is all it takes to keep the carb from totally closing.

Latest posts

Back