RCMK30 Rear exhaust

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curtis Maglinger

I have an application that need the pipe shorter so it won't stick out of the cowling to meet the rules in gas scale. Does anyone know if the jug can be turned 180-degree so the motor will be front exhaust?

Good question.... I would think you could.......better question,what gas scale you building??????????LOL

If you try it I would turn piston 180 as well so ring notch stays the same place in jug and so arrow still points to exhaust port

No, you can't rotate it. I had a rear-exhaust RCMK in a JAE gas 'rigger and the pipes do hang way out there. The trick is going to be to find a really short pipe. I might have one but I'll have to measure it. It kind of looks like the old K&B muffled pipes if you've ever seen one of those.

Isn't that header made long so it can be "tuned" by cutting it to length?

Just out of curiosity, is that the motor sold by Redline?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Marc, the header can be shortened just like any other one. Redline does sell them but Bruce Lykens at Gizmo Motors is the main US distributor. There is a guy that's a member at Jim's RC Boat Dock who did make his own custom header for his to help get it over the radio box. It's the length over-all that is his concern. The RCMK header is very expensive so it's not one that you want to mess up. For a while Vince at Gas RC Products was making some straight and 15* angled ones but I don't think that he's making them anymore.

Curtis,

On the "Dock" it was on there as just a Pink Canard"?? Not who's it was!! Dude stick with the straight rear exhaust I have my pipe right at 13" to start in my Winston that would fit in a Scale Circus under the cowl no problem!! Send me your Home addy info to [email protected] and I'll make you up some couplers for the QD Hot Pipe to make pipe 12,12.5,13, 13.5 inches how's that?? No charge and they are stainless tubing..

Later!!

Pat

Hope I'm not hogging this thread, but when you talk about pipe lenght, do you measure from the pison edge/skirt to the biggest part of the pipe? Or from the plug/cylinder center to pipe?

The reason I ask is that I've got a K30RZ that is going in a hydro, and have seen guys talk about 330-360mm (13-14,17in) pipe lenght. Just wondering where to start.

Last edited by a moderator:
For pipe tuning most folks measure from Header flange to the weld/fattest spot on the pipe! I think what he's looking for is overall length??

Later!!

Pat

Back