Single F hydros/Twin F Hydros

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr gary turner

Single f-hydro has always been the premier class. When twins started to run in the class it made the water conditions such that single F boats could not effectively compete. The twins NOW have their seperate class which is great since I ALSO RUN TWIN. I THINK IT IS NOW TIME TO RESTRICT F-HYDEO TO 1.25 cc. Single F-hydro had great racing and inovations in motor , boats pipes and props. The US-1 that I won was with a K-90 in a Crapshooter. With the motors, pipes and props that we have now the heat racing speeds with a single f-hydro could easily reach 90-100 heat racing. Is it time for a proposal to restrict f-hydro to 1.25???????????? Doc

Brett speak- Fired Up " Shut Down" :lol: :p Just tease . Anyway Nice boat Will be Race next Jan 2012 Good Luck ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think having a class just for the singles is great.There is an abundance of twins out there to fill there own class, and now there will be enough singles to run in there own. But when there is not enough twins and singles to run there own class's at a high points race,then we could run the singles with the twins. Hey the more classes the better. Also singles are a little easier on the wallet then a twin, but come with the same speed and sometimes more.

i like the idea of having the choice of 3 classes..single X/F, X/F hydro(twin and single combined), and TWIN"s only..hell the gas guys get a new class every week, its time

for us to come up with some new classes..

Foley when u get a chance go out and buy some wings and just fly right over us... :D :D :lol:

F Hydro is exactly that. I don't think you have to change the rules just because people are complaining about running against twins in the class. Racing is racing I agree with don restriction to the class no this is not NASCAR what's next give them a handicap because they can handle the wakes put out by twins ?? In SC all F hydro were separated from single to Twins that ultimately will lead to the downfall of the original f hydro and basically we are having 2 twin classes f hydro twin and Twin rigger. A true competitor will race anyone regardless of how many engines the boat has.

I'll say this again if you can't race with the big dogs leave your sh*t home.

This is my opinion. Stop bitching and race here kitty kitty.

Julian

Hey the more classes the better.
Not better. There are waaaaaaay too many classes as is. I haven't seen to many big events pull off five rounds of racing in recent years and if they do it's almost 'O Dark:30 on Sunday, why do you think that is?

With that said, my favorite boat is my old single 1.0 and don't mind passing twins in a heat race.

Twin riggers are the ultimate class in nitro r/c boat racing for sure,this will always be my favorate class and if i cant run the twin than you wont see me at the race..Julian we will miss u at the winternats!! Joe why can t u convice your team mate to enjoy the florida sun :D

i like twins.. i like single boats.. i was and never will be a fan of single motors with twins.. if for nothing else i look at it this way. if you go to the internats. twins get a chance to win 2 us-1's .. f hydro and twin class.. does the single engine class get that chance.

again i like both but i think sepration is good.

and buck is right WAY to many classes.

and congrats brett on getting things going down south.. glad boat racing is getting better somewhere. now come to the armpit of the world and help me out lol!

chris

Hey guys,

Most of you don't know me but I use to race 25 years ago with Bret English, Elias, Tom Pretsfeld, Larry Beals, Eric Swenson, Ray Rodriguez and the rest of that gang. Several years ago I ordered a set of Crapshooters while thinking of getting back in. After a very long wait I finally got my Crapshooters and with the blessing of Stu Bar I built new tubs in carbon and Kevlar. I am coming back hard and excited about racing these new awesome riggers. I will be running My new 45 Crapshooter this weekend followed by the twin and then the single 60/80. See you guys soon and working hard to get these boats into the Winter Nationals. I would like to thank Stu for letting me re build my boats along with special thanks to Bret and Elias for keeping me motivated and helping me along the way. THANKS.

Albert

BTW, Tried posting some pictures of my 40 rigger but decided to start a new thread on it.

Twins have always run in F as it should be as long as they meet the displacement limit. To suggest they no longer be allowed because they have their own class is rediculous. So what's next, telling the guy with the sport 40 he can't run in D hydro because it already has a class? Don't say it's not the same because it is since the approach of they have thier own class is the reason given on the twins. I've seen many a sport 40 run in D hydro and run well. Dick Tyndall has a ballistic sport 40 that driven on the pins would give a whole bunch of D hydros fits. So with Chris example a sport 40 could win 2 US-1's in theory, heck even a 1/8 scale could as well if also run in E hydro. Sure it would most likely be from attrition but is it possible......... yup sure is! (didn't a cat boat win one of the Winternats nitro hydro classes in recent past?) And what about people like Julian who has a strong running twin 21, are you going to tell him he can't run it in D hydro? The single F class was run successfully at ONE event- Charleston, so let's not start basing how things MIGHT be on one instance. Now don't get me wrong I'm ALL FOR running a single engine F specialty class and I would have run Charleston if I could have had my single ready but I flat ran out of time. Bottom line is the current F hydro class needs to be LEFT ALONE and besides, what will you do with the John Bridge Award?? You can't move it to twin (this was briefly brought up in the past) as it is for the best performing twin in the F hydro class of racing. B)

'Nuff said for now, have a nice day fellas. :)

F Hydro is exactly that. I don't think you have to change the rules just because people are complaining about running against twins in the class. Racing is racing I agree with don restriction to the class no this is not NASCAR what's next give them a handicap because they can handle the wakes put out by twins ?? In SC all F hydro were separated from single to Twins that ultimately will lead to the downfall of the original f hydro and basically we are having 2 twin classes f hydro twin and Twin rigger. A true competitor will race anyone regardless of how many engines the boat has.

I'll say this again if you can't race with the big dogs leave your sh*t home.

This is my opinion. Stop bitching and race here kitty kitty.

Julian

Julian,

There was no separation in the F Hydro class from the single engine F Hydro. What we offered was:

* F Hydro - Single engine, max cid of 1.05" - race rules only

* F Hydro - max cid of 1.83" - IMPBA rules

* Twin Rigger - max cid of 2.50" - IMPBA rules

I floated the proposal for the F Hydro - single engine class for the race so the singles could compete on a level ground. It is tough for the singles running among the twins with the holes and chop created by the twins. However, singles could and did enter the F Hydro class and did compete. But not all singles are created equal and many cannot do it as they are not the right type of hull or set up corrrectly. I am revising my hull for the class now as I have not been happy with mine.

Perfectly said Don F...I agree 100%.....now finish your single F boat!! LOL!!!

Chris I see your point but If the rules let a twin compete in F hydro why was this issue not adressed a long time ago. By separating the boats it's basically saying twins are not welcome in F Hydro that's not a message you also want to send. it's been working just fine don't fix it. I the racers don't want to race their f hydros with twins that's on them. A true competitor would race a twin and a single.

I have a good example. Before I went to Iraq our club had it's final race in VA in 2009. They were short 1 mono to make the open mono class happen. I entered the class with a B mono against gas and bigger nitro monos I knew I was in a disadvantage smaller boat and smaller engine but I did not care funny thing is my B mono was in front and pulling away from them until the water got really ruff i still came in 2nd place overall with a B Mono in the open mono class.

I say leave the class how it is and if they don't want to run the boat with twins that's on them.

There's no need to add a separate class just segregate both types of boats.

Julian

John

99 percent of the people that raced F hydro single did not race the regular F hydro including yourself because of twins being in the class you did the same in Brandon Fl also.

Get my point.

Don Ferrette well said AMEN To that.

Yes like Brett,pefectly said Don,

By all means we do not want to get rid of class's,we just want to get the maxium potenial out of single X/F boats.

I am not "for",getting rid of the F class but simply adding a class just for the single X/F boats.

I just want to race and have a good time thats all.

I have another great idea let's separate the 101 twins from the 80/90 twins because the 101 twins are winning every race they enter with a perfect score

Just to give a chance to the ones that don't have RS 101 motors under the hood. ;-)

Back