JAP/JAE Riggers, post your pics!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speed Jr.

Calling all JAP/JAE owners to post some pics of there boats....There should be a lot of em out there! Bring them out of hiding! My secondhand JAE boat.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Calling all JAP/JAE owners to post some pics of there boats....There should be a lot of em out there! Bring them out of hiding! My secondhand JAE 18 boat.........

heres mine for your viewing...lol and a nice old boat i picked up ...
biggrin.gif

tk

hea big.. are you trying to hint about something? The size of your.......picture is VERY SMALL!

Looks good

ROCK ON!

Grim

Calling all JAP/JAE owners to post some pics of there boats....There should be a lot of em out there! Bring them out of hiding! My secondhand JAE 18 boat.........

biggrin.gif

tk
Terry, that looks like an old Aeromarine hull...if it is, and if you havent reworked the bottom...have fun tryin to keep it on the water....i had one i did up as the U-77...most frustrating boat ive EVER owned!!Was made back in the days when scale boats did 40-45mph not 60-65mph!! :rolleyes: :)

Last edited by a moderator:

biggrin.gif

tk
Terry, that looks like an old Aeromarine hull...if it is, and if you havent reworked the bottom...have fun tryin to keep it on the water....i had one i did up as the U-77...most frustrating boat ive EVER owned!!Was made back in the days when scale boats did 40-45mph not 60-65mph!!
rolleyes.gif
smile.gif
not trying to kill jr.'s thread here just really proud of that old never ran ..never will run boat..lol it is a jvs that vern built about 25 years ago, i got it from a buddy in north carolina and it has a new ops 67 and all new old style hardware, i need to finish it and mount the cowl the proper way from back then, and get a good prop from mark for it..any ideas please pm me if you can i dont want to jack larrys thread, thanks for the compliments all and back to the rigger what you all think of mine..lol

tk

Your JAE looks great Terry, I like the progress. :lol: Lets see some more pics fella's! Geraghty sent out over 100 plans and many kits were made! Im sure Zaker, Truex, Hall, and Geraghty would love to see some pics!

Larry Jr.

Hi Mike

I had a hard time putting on a picture that when you click in it it would be a little bigger, I got it now.

Bryon

167.JPGHere is my work in progress. This is the 1st boat I have built from plans. It's been fun. I enlarged the 12 plan by 25% & am planning on putting a 21 in her. Have you had your boats in the water Larry or Bryon? Terry, that's funny, my jae 12 looks identical to yours???!!!

Joe

View attachment 15370Here is my work in progress. This is the 1st boat I have built from plans. It's been fun. I enlarged the 12 plan by 25% & am planning on putting a 21 in her. Have you had your boats in the water Larry or Bryon? Terry, that's funny, my jae 12 looks identical to yours???!!!

Joe
Looks great Joe! Im planning on running mine this weekend for the first time if the weather cooperates! :)

Larry Jr.

Hi Joe

I have not had my .12 JAE in the water yet. The way the weather is here it will not be long the water will be hard as a rock.

BigBryon

I hear ya fella's it's already snowed twice here near Traverse City!! Keep the pic's comin'

joe

I hear ya fella's it's already snowed twice here near Traverse City!! Keep the pic's comin'

joe

sneek peek of the new one im building...
Martin, i'm trying to understand. are the sponsons some sort of composite or did you spray them with a flat black for some reason? and is it just the lighting or do you have something different with the wood on the tub sides?

looks great either way!

I need to get drawing in my cad as I have a new idea to try for my winter project....

joe

sneek peek of the new one im building...
Martin, i'm trying to understand. are the sponsons some sort of composite or did you spray them with a flat black for some reason? and is it just the lighting or do you have something different with the wood on the tub sides?

looks great either way!

.014 carbon laminate.

I need to get drawing in my cad as I have a new idea to try for my winter project....

Those new sponsons on Martin's boat look kind of familiar as I saw them on one of Rod's boats.

Back