Spend or Bend

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chunk t

Seeing an article in RC Boat Modeler, it got me wondering... What are your preferred means to modifiy props?

Prop duplicator?

Eye-ball it?

Let your buddy deal with it?

Don't bother with it?

No secrets need to be divulged here.

I'll start in. I use a small compound curve anvil and a soft faced hammer.

ct.

The big question is how many prop's are you prepared to destroy - I know I have destroyed a few.

A duplicator is probably the easiest way to go because it is bending the prop to a known good shape. However it is making a duplicate of another prop and may not suit your needs / boat / driving style.

You're right Tim, there's always that learning curve to contend with...

That's partially why I posted the question, I'm willing to work on a prop, mostly to learn what happens. Then again, I've never been able to pass-up an opptunity to hit something with a hammer ;D. It can be, and is a bit expensive, but again as you cited someone elses design may not be best for your hull.

ct

well ive been doing a little of them all...

the duplicator from marty is no longer available... i have a 1450 duplicator... and what i like about it i can make my own mods and if they don't work just put it on the dup and pound it back into shape

O.K someone has to ask it so I might as well,

How can you make a duplicator off a good prop? One that will sustain a hammering!

Back