Need a fast electric rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammerhead

I was checking out the vid selection that International Waters has, and I saw some really fast electric riggers.

After seeing that (Larson's boat) I started to get interested. I did some poking around on the net, and I saw a lot of riggers that were kicking it up.

Right now the SAW record in Japan is 65 mph. I don't think that is very fast at all compared to what I've been seeing on the net.

I have never done electrics before, but I really want to break the Japan record.

Can anybody help me out with some information?

I know this is cheating though ;D. I hope you don't mind.

First of all. I will make my boat out of carbon. What I need to know is, What is a good weight, length and style: 4 point vs. 3point?

how many cells will I need to use?

What is a good amp that will handle the cells?

What is the fastest motor out there that is designed for the amount of cells that you recommend?

What kind and size of prop should I use for the type of configuration that you recommend?

What kind of charging technics do you recommend?

And anything else that you can think of would be very appreciated information.

I and my friend are definately going to do this. We checked out the situation with the JMPBA. There are no rules on cell use windings and so-on. Basically, the only rule is that the fastest boat gets to take home the trophy. Help us out.

Thanks, Hammerhead.

sounds great hammer... first... THE place to go to learn how to do electrics is the www.rumrunnerracing.com Q&A forum. it has a lot of very fast racers that will easily tell you how to get to 65+

from my visits there i can tell you this....

youll heed a hacker brushless motor (dont know what one)

likely 18 cells

V937 prop

no rear sponsons

go on over... introduce your self... tell em your objective and i bet youll get more help than you could ever use.

look for advice from dick crowe... he is the current record holder at over 80 mph!

i second that.....go on over to the rrr forum, they are all really nice guys and really know what they're doing, considering dick crowe went 89mph in a 24? cell rigger

Well, I went to RRR and registered. Gonna take me some time to get to know the site. Thanks for the help.

looks like there are a lot of things to learn.

(That's what I like)Hammer

Latest posts

Back