Radio feedback please!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimD

Hey everybody,

Has anyone out there have any comments on the JR XR3 FM radio? good bad or otherwise?

Thanks,

Tim.

I think I have that model ;)

Mine is just from Graupner/JR and is called xs6 race..

It's a nice radio, good range, nice feel, and it has all the features I can think of for rc-boating..

And it is light weight too.

The 3'rd channel is divided into 150 small "steps" in each direction.

I haven't figured out a way to boil it down, to like 10 (German instructions)

Not a big problem, I just get very precise needle controle.

Sofar the best radio I have had!!

But then again, I have only used Traxxas and Hitec befor.

Check out the prices on a loose reciever, and crystals, they are very steep from Graupner.

Morten

i have been using an XR3 for several years with no problems. at the spring nationals last weekend i would guess that 60% of the radios were this model.

I've had one for a few years now and love it! The setup is as easy or complex as you want to make it. The only fault I've found is that the 3rd channel control is a little hard to get to while I'm driving, it would be nice if it were lower down on the pistol grip.

Tim, I use the XR2, I have not felt the need to go 3 channel yet, But I am on the second season now with it and have had no problems at all, JR is the only radio's I use,

Gene ;D

Thanks everybody for the fast responses!

That is exactly the kind of feedback I wanted to hear as I just bought one.

Morten, there is a PDF of the manual you can download from www.jrradios.com that is in english if this is of help to you.

Final question, Does this radio have a failsafe feature or will I need to buy an external one?

Tim.

The reciever doesn't have a fail-safe built into it. Those are usually found on PCM radios. I installed a RAm fail-safe in my boat last year but there are plenty others out there with some taking up very little space.

the XR3 is an excellent radio I have been using it for 2 yrs and love it. I used JR equipment when i did planes and in my opinion its the best equipment you can by across all the price ranges. As for a fail safe you will have to go aftermarket, the only wheel radio that JR is currently making with factory failsafe is the R-1.

: :) I have one radio and three receivers in all my gas boats, FM is the only way to go ! ! ! as a Three channel radio it sucks because the third channel that would be used as mixure control move so damm slow and with out a good feel for time virses movement you would have to watch the display, Can't do that while racing ! !

As well with slow speed of third channel if you lean out to far and need to back up you will die before you get the mix back to sweet spot . If it had more speed on the third channel it would be a great radio for nitro usage using all three channels. Scott

Thanks again for all the feedback, & I thought I probably wouldn't get any replies on this subject!

Ron, do you have any issues with the RAm unit or has it done it's job well? Thanks again.

Tim.

I haven't had any problems with the RAm failsafe, just owner error. After I installed it last year, I went to a race not knowing that the reciever was still on because the failsafe did it's job. Needless to say, when I tried to start my boat in the first heat, the battery was dead. Fortunately I carry extra battery packs and have learned to double-check my off switch. :-[

Latest posts

Back