30th Annual Minnesota State Championship October 11th and 12th

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Bonahoom

Supporting Member
Come and join the Twin City Model Boat club at the Nicols Rd pond in Eagan MN for the 30 th annual MN state championship race. This is a two day event, with five rounds of racing. All Impba classes offered with a 3 boat minimum to make a class.

Awards will be given for the top 3 places in each class. The club has decided to switch from traditional trophies to a framed picture of the contestants involved in the event, with a notation of the class and place acheived.

For more information, or to get an idea of what may run and how many boats, check out our website at www.tcmbc.org

This is the second two day race of 2014. As we start thinking about making the 2015 schedule, what do you guys think of the two day events? It's nice to see some guys from Iowa and Wisconsin coming to our races. What can we do to get you to come more often? One day Sunday races? Better awards? What do you think about the change from traditional trophies to the photo type awards? Let us know!

Hey Greg, I'm going to make this race for sure. I've only made two this year which has been a major disappointment for me. personally the Saturday races are a bit harder for me as my business is open on saturday and I can't always break away. A Sunday race or two in the mix would make it a bit easier in my case. I think the photo awards are great. Trophies go in the storage room with the rest, my photo trophy from the 2-day race earlier this year is still hanging out on the shelf going down my stairs along with several other photos. I think my wife even noticed it but let it stay......

I think Eric is right... Photo awards don't end-up in the trash and look the most appealing for years to come. Would be nice to throw 1 or two Sunday one-day races in there(for the local guys) - since you guys seem to like Saturday races. Reason why some guys didn't like all Sunday races where (2) reasons: #1. Religous. #2. Sunday is the day before they have to go back to work, and they didn't want to get all tired-out before they had to do that + traveling 2-4 hours to get back home. Don't worry Greg & Bob, this club has made significant advancements since (you two) took over. I haven't seen this club more orginized since Mic H. left. I might even pay my dues for this next year.
default_rolleyes.gif

FE racers. Please be aware that we run P-Limited classes per the NAMBA rules as IMPBA does not have rules for the P-Limited class and do not recognize it at this time. That said only motors that are on the NAMBA motor list are legal to run and we will not allow an illegal motors to participate.

Bill Wachtler

Its all been on the phone... you know... up there... its 2 cans and a string... Ole! Ole!... answer thuh phone... cant hear nuttin Lena.... idk... you dogs wire your boats TIGHT.... I'm bringing the best i can.... in transit... Mike

Throwing it out to the TCMBC!.. Another great race!.. I give it all, and Paul Bunyan chopped me to second... and a 3rd... These guys got game, big time!... the hydro classes were very intense.... guy to watch in D4: Sawyer Nevascil!...piloting his 20 hydro to 3rd, using his head around the course and taking 'em down.... great heats, man... Whirlwind tour, bad, I'd throw special thanks to John Scultheis for the serious effort pitting for me all weekend....( prop me up, I'm tired) Larry Conrad for the motivation getting me there, putting me up, and the TCMBC crew putting up with me.... lol... its over.... the rush will last the winter... and thats what i sought... thanks guys... build 'em and we'll get it on.... Cornstalk Mike

Mike and John,

It was great seeing you this weekend and I am glad you made the trip along with Butch and Katie. It is always fun to have more competition, even though it means less places for me.

I want to let the folks that run electric know that we are an open club and one member does not represent all. Had we known others were coming, we would have made an exception for out of NAMBA spec motors. It would have been nice to have a class of P-Lim Mono and P-Lim Hydro at the race. Hopefully next year we will see the Badger guys.

It was a fun weekend and I will miss it over the winter.

Curtis

I would also like to give a shout out to the TCMBC Thanks for the fun weekend Its always good to see you guys.....Mike......Thank you for all your help it was very much appreciated I couldn't ask for a better pit man/ friend......Thanks again.......Hope to see everyone again next year

I had a great time racing. I wish more racers who had planned to come where there. TCMBC includes all boaters and boats and types of boats. I ran a P-limited FE, I guess. I'm still waiting to see a written definition from TCMBC or IMPBA on this. I don't really care what NAMBA does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Read our rules on our web site under getting started. You can change them whenever you want, but for now they are what they are.

Bill

Bummed I couldn't make it. Only made 2 of 6 this year. Had some turnover at work this last year that made it difficult for me to get away from my shop. Watch out for next year!!

I have posted the final results of this race and the 2014 point series at tcmbc.org. Congratulations to all. Thank you to everyone that attended our races or participated in our club this season. It was a blast. Erik, you missed out on some good racing. Hope to see more of you next season. I will definitely vote for a few Saturday races if it helps more drivers attend more races. It's going to be a long winter. See you all in the spring.

Eric,

I hope you can make it more often next year. You were missed.

Have a good winter/boat building season guys,

Curtis

Thanks for the kind words Curtis. I look forward to next season. See you all next spring.

Back