Update: Net nutrality

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TomMoorehouse

netflix-comcast-partnership.jpg

I wanted to post an update to my net neutrality post. As I predicted comcast is extorting nexflix for faster service. I wonder how long until they start slowing other websites down. Nothing about this is good for the consumer.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/02/24/business/media/comcast-and-netflix-reach-a-streaming-agreement.html?referrer=

Last edited:
The way that I heard it, it was the other way around as NetFlix wants Comcast to offer higher Internet speeds for viewing their content.

I haven no dog in this fight as I've got Charter for cable service and am thinking of getting my ISP changed to them again also as AT&T is awful and higher priced.

Man I hear ya on the AT&T thang,

I just dropped my land line service with them, 56.95 for basic touch tone service.......

Crap that's my cell and broadband combined,

Gene

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remeber to let big business do what they do and the government should stay out of it. Because afterall big business always takes care of the little guy right??? Here is as it says in the article the water on the floor. Really sad.

Back